Melbourne Tutor in Guitar, Music Theory, Statistics, UMAT, Business Studies, Economics, Finance, GAMSAT, Maths, Psychology
(1 student review)
1. GUITAR LESSONS
I specialise in teaching classic blues-based rock (i.e. Slash/Hendrix/Page/Clapton/Gilmour school of playing) and improvisation within this style. I am very passionate about guitar, you will be hard-pressed finding someone better to teach you in this style. I also teach other styles (modern hard rock, metal, pop, folk, jazz etc), basic through to advanced technique, and music theory up to a high level if so desired.
I have over 20 years of playing and teaching experience. Beginners to Advanced welcome.
Have current Working With Children Check.
2. ENTRANCE EXAMS, BUSINESS STATISTICS, FINANCE, ECONOMETRICS TUTORING
I specialise in tutoring in the following:
- entrance examinations for selective schools, private schools and tertiary courses - tertiary level business statistics, finance, econometrics
I’m very passionate about teaching in these areas. I have been told that I have a natural flair for explaining the material in a manner that makes it much easier for students to understand. Many of my students have been surprised at how quickly they’ve grasped concepts only shortly after we've begun tutoring sessions. I share various approaches that students will find enhances their memory, understanding and analytical ability - they will likely find application of these approaches to be highly beneficial not only to the subjects that I tutor, but to their current and future studies more generally. Overall, they should find learning to be a much easier and more enjoyable experience. Furthermore, I demonstrate handy techniques that will optimise exam results.
RE Entrance Examinations:
Entrance into selective schools, private schools and various tertiary courses is extremely competitive. Hence the entrance examinations are often set at a very high level of difficulty in order that the relevant institution is able to distinguish the very best and brightest of applicants from the rest. For example, it is often the case that selective school examinations for Year 9 entry will test the student's mathematical knowledge up to a level equivalent to Year 11 standards. I have studied a wide range of these examinations in depth and am therefore in a position to help with the following:
- developing the ability to answer questions typically found in entrance examinations for all components (e.g. numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning, mathematical reasoning, reading comprehension, spatial reasoning, essay-writing, etc)
- developing the speed necessary in order to optimise exam results, by teaching time-effective methods and approaches to answering exam questions
- developing the student's mathematical knowledge up to the required standard in a relatively short period of time, if necessary
- optimal approaches to essay-writing
I strongly encourage you to enlist my help as early as possible for entrance examinations, especially if it is necessary that a students' mathematical knowledge be developed up to a standard several years above their current standard (as is typically the case in selective school entrance examinations).
RE Business Statistics/Finance/Econometrics:
- undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in Finance
- 1st Class Honours in Business Statistics and Econometrics (undergraduate) - dux of Financial Econometrics (postgraduate) - grade of 91 in Managerial Finance (postgraduate)
I have experience assisting students with assignments, major projects and understanding the material for examinations. I have assisted undergraduate, postgraduate, mature-age, on-campus and online students.
You will find that I tailor my service to the student's individual needs.
- Guitar - Introduction, Intermediate, Advanced
- Music Theory - Introduction, Intermediate, Advanced
- Statistics - Tertiary
- UMAT - Tertiary
- Business Studies - Tertiary
- Economics - Tertiary
- Finance - Tertiary
- GAMSAT - Tertiary
- Maths - Secondary
- Psychology - Tertiary
Since 1999, I have tutored students in the following subjects:
- guitar and music theory
- tertiary level business statistics and econometrics
- UMAT & GMAT entrance examination preparation
- secondary school mathematics
Graduate Diploma in Finance with Distinction (2007)
- Dux of Financial Econometrics
Bachelor of Commerce & Arts (2005)
- 1st Class Honours in Business Statistics and Econometrics
Recipient of the Westpac Mathematics Competition Prize in 1992 and 1994 (awarded to
competitors placed in the top 0.3% of the State)
Bachelor of Laws (2012)
- Private Tuition
- Teaching Tuition
- Home Visits
Rates are negotiable and will depend on individual circumstances. You will
get an exceptionally high level of service.
Profile last updated on 09-Aug-2017 (registered 13-Oct-2014)
0430 357 497