Sydney Tutor in Creative Writing, English
, Essay Writing
(1 student review)
- Current PhD student in English Literature at the University of Sydney
- Current recipient of APA scholarship for PhD students with outstanding research potential
- Achieved high 1st class Honours in English Literature, University of Sydney 2016
- ATAR 99.85, 2011
- St Vincent's College DUX - 7th in State in Modern History 2011
I am looking to find motivated and interested high school-age tutoring students who need help with English Advanced. I have been tutoring high school students for over 5 years in a range of subjects, including Eng Adv, Eng Standard, Eng Ext 1 and 2, Modern History, and Religion, but this year will only be taking on a small number of students in English Advanced, due to my own study priorities.
I love teaching high school kids. More than anything, I have a great respect for anyone who wants to better themselves and is willing to be diligent, regardless of previous habits.
I offer private sessions, either at my house in Waverley, at the University of Sydney's libraries, or, in some cases, at the State Library.
Students can expect an atmosphere of respect and relative formality in sessions, but I also understand that tutoring has to be fun and engaging – and I attempt to balance both these necessities.
I have tutored students ranging from Year 7 to Year 12 - and even a few first year University students, and am equally comfortable with all ages. Generally, I first attempt to familiarise myself with the particular student's current skill level. Depending on the student, we will generally work on basic essay skills and then progress to a close focus on their particular subject content.
My own academic passions revolve around the political and social agency enacted in contemporary literary form. But I also love Harry Potter - who doesn't?
- Creative Writing - Secondary
- English - Secondary
- Essay Writing - Secondary
Tutoring for 5 years
- Currently studying PhD in Eng Lit at Usyd
- Received 1st class Honours in Eng lit, 2016
- Recipient of APA postgrad scholarship
- ATAR: 99.85
- College DUX
- 7th in state in Modern History
- Private Tuition
- Teaching Tuition
I'm happy to do 1.5 hour sessions, also, but 2 hour sessions tend to be a little too long
the attention span of most students, I find.
Profile last updated on 24-Mar-2017 (registered 30-Mar-2014)
0439 471 493