Melbourne Tutor in English
, Essay Writing, ESL, Psychology, Reading, Creative Writing, Society and Culture
Hi, I am a registered and experienced English teacher/tutor focused on progress and results.
Classes are run according to students and their specific learning styles. Sometimes a "science brain" understands things differently to a "creative brain" - sometimes they don't! This is understood, and so, classes are constructed in a way in which YOU will be able to understand in the best way YOU can.
FOR EXAMPLE! Ever have trouble understanding Shakespeare? Did you know that Shakespeare's sonnets are written in the same structure as a rap verse? Both pieces follow a type of rhythm called an "iambic pentameter". So, if you can follow a Jay-Z or Drake song, you most definitely can follow one of Shakespeare's plays!
The VCE English Curriculum focuses on how the English language is used to create meaning in written, spoken and multimodal texts of varying complexity.
My classes are based on these five areas of study that students will ultimately be assessed on, through VCAA.
As forward thinkers, my end goal is to provide you with a killer study score by the time you finish VCE. With this in mind, whether you're in Year 7 or Year 12, our classes are to help provide you with the right stepping stones to excel in English.
Classes will circulate around preparation towards core areas within English Unit 3&4:
- Oral Presentation (dialogue and delivery)
- Understanding how to use language to persuade/Language Analysis
- Text Response (in-depth analysis and understanding of themes, characters, symbols, motifs, quotes and political/cultural back-drop for essay writing)
- Comparative Text Analysis
- Creative Writing
I also aim to build knowledge of worldly issues and general knowledge to provide an overall depth and ability to relay understanding into writing.
**PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS**
- Certified teacher with VIT (Victorian Institute of Teaching) Registration.
- BA(hons) / Bed(Sec), which is just a fancy way of saying that I graduated with honours in a double degree of Secondary Teaching.
- Experience teaching in Melbourne High Schools
- Over 7 years of professional tutoring experience.
Unfortunately, I am fully booked for 2017 classes. However, I am taking bookings for 2018 classes (head start commencing November 2017). If you're keen, shoot me an email or get in contact, and we can book a time slot for an introductory class!
INTRODUCTORY LESSONS ARE ONLY $40. I understand the need to "try before you buy". Introductory lessons are for me figure out how you learn, and for you to figure out if you like the way I teach.
I tutor students from my location in Mulgrave.
- English - Secondary
- Essay Writing - Secondary
- ESL - Secondary
- Psychology - Secondary
- Reading - Secondary
- Creative Writing - Secondary
- Society and Culture - Secondary
Tutoring for 10 years
- Working with Children's Check
- Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration
- Bachelor of Education & Bachelor of Arts
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
Group Classes (max 5 per group) Year 7-10 - $30 per hour
VCE (Year 11/Year 12) Private Classes - $70 per hour
VCE Classes of groups of 2 - $50 each, per hour
Special Offer - Introductory Lesson - $40.
Profile last updated on 09-Aug-2017 (registered 30-Jan-2015)
0413 252 278