Brisbane Tutor in Maths, English
, Reading, Creative Writing, Essay Writing, ESL, IELTS, English
(2 student reviews)
Hello! My name is Sarah. I'm a qualified, experienced QLD teacher and tutor operating in the North Lakes, Narangba and Redcliffe area.
Having worked as a teacher in Australia and overseas I've noticed that many "struggling" students just need a little more time, guidance and encouragement in order to improve. This is where I come in!
Over the last 8 years I have:
* helped D students achieve As and Bs in subjects they believed they would never master.
* prepared students for the NAPLAN written exam and the Year 12 QCS exams.
* worked closely with students with Aspergers and Autism to develop their literacy and numeracy skills.
* provided tuition for homeschooling families.
* provided assistance to Year 12 students prior to the QCS examination.
* improved the assignment writing skills of Primary and High School students.
My sessions are one hour lessons, tailor-made to suit the needs of the student.
All lessons take place in your home and all materials are included in the fee.
I can assist with:
* Mathematics (Prep to Grade 9)
* Reading and Comprehension. (Prep to Grade 12)
* Grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph construction, spelling and writing. (Prep to Grade 12)
* Essay and assignment writing. (Grade 7 - 12)
* NAPLAN and QCS preparation.
* ESL tuition. (CELTA qualified)
* Homeschooling support.
* Online Essay help.
I currently have availability: Monday and Tuesday (before school), Friday (5pm) and Saturday (9am, 2pm and 3pm)
I also have spaces available during the day (Monday and Wednesday) to accommodate home-school students.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or queries.
- Maths - Primary, Secondary
- English - Primary, Secondary
- Reading - Primary, Secondary
- Creative Writing - Primary, Secondary
- Essay Writing - Primary, Secondary
- ESL - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- IELTS - Primary, Secondary
- English Literature - Primary, Secondary
- History - Primary, Secondary
- Adult Numeracy and Literacy Skills
* 8 years tutoring experience (children and adults).
* 5 years teaching Prep to Year 7 in Queensland schools.
* 2 years experience as an ESL teacher in rural Japan tutoring children and adults.
* Trained and experienced NAPLAN and QCS test marker.
* Experience tutoring students with Asperger syndrome and high functioning Autism.
* Post Graduate Diploma (Grad Dip) in Education
* CELTA qualification (Cambridge University English Language Teaching to Adults
* BA in History and Politics
* TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate
* Blue Card holder
* Trained QCS and NAPLAN marker (marked in 2016)
- Private Tuition
- Home Visits
- Online Help
$60 per hour
$250 for block of 5 pre-paid lessons.
( Pre- paid lessons to be taken consecutively with no cancellations.)
First lesson is a free, no obligation, 40 minute assessment.
Special Offer - $250 for 5 lessons paid in advance..
Profile last updated on 14-Jul-2017 (registered 07-Feb-2010)