Experienced VCE Maths and Science Teacher
Melbourne tutor in Biology, Chemistry, Further Maths, Maths, Maths Methods, Physics, Specialist Maths
I travel to these locationsBerwick, Narre Warren, Pakenham, Melbourne, Online
(6 student reviews)
I am a friendly, down to earth person who really wants to make a difference in the quality of education Australia wide and possibly beyond. I am 100% devoted to all the students that I teach and really want them to achieve their academic dreams! I do not only teach my students - but I develop excellent rapport with them, this ensures that they don't hesitate asking me questions and always feel like they can approach me with any type of problem they may have. I have a vast amount of interests these including travelling, philosophy, psychology, reading, writing, teaching, business as well as personal development. I am very curious about how things work and integrate this into my teaching style - to ensure that students see the bigger picture.
Within private sessions, I progress through the entire curriculum with the student with a close focus on question answering techniques. This enables students to understand how to convert their knowledge of their topic, and translate it into practical use. Quite often, a student knows the theory, but can't connect how it needs to be used when answering a question! This is very frustrating for many students, because the practical side of their studies are not developed well.
In addition to this I have a passion about teaching students to build self-confidence, a healthy self-image, their ability to tap into self-motivation which are skills that are important for a lifetime! These factors determine the level of educational success obtained by individuals and therefore I find it absolutely imperative to integrate it into the tutoring sessions.
I am currently a VIT registered teacher and have a versatile background in a number of different fields which allows me to support students in their learning. Every student is unique and has their own goals and skills - my aim as a teacher is to support the student that I am working with, so that they can do their very best. By providing a positive environment and catering for the students' needs based on their personality and learning preferences - I have found it very rewarding to work with them and push the limits of what is possible for them!Experience
- 14 years of VCE tutoring
- Current VIT registered teacher
- Tutor at Monash University and Federation University
- Specialising in VCE Chemistry (Year 11/12), VCE Methods (Year 11/12), VCE Specialist (Year 12)
- Can also teach VCE Biology, VCE Physics, VCE General/Further
- Assisted multiple students with a transformation from D's to A's
- Taught numerous VCE high achieving students that entered into competitive courses such as Medicine, Law, Engineering, Pharmacy and many more!
- Taught students that have achieved perfect study scores ie. 50/50 taught individuals from various selective schools such as Melbourne High, Nossal High School, Mac Robertson, John Monash Science School and various of private schools around Melbourne.
- Written VCE study guides and hundreds of practice exam questions, notes and powerpoint presentations related to the current VCE study course.
- Attended and presented at the VCE Expo about 'Success in VCE' in front of hundreds of VCE students and their parents.
- Taught numerous students online and helped to increase their confidence and grades.
- Lecturer of VCE comprehensive program for Methods, Chemistry and Biology. Information about Lesson Prices Private lessons (individual)
$70 per hour lesson
This service includes access to quality material, such as practice SACS, worksheets, notes and also exam style questions. The student will work side by side with me to progress through difficult content areas and to practice developing their skills in a particular area. Depending on the student's need, our lessons can focus on solving problems, progressing through the content of the subject's syllabus and more. Small Group Private Lesson
This is only for sessions for groups of 2 or more students. Due to time availability I don't organise student groups - if you are interested, please ensure that you are able to bring a friend.
$40 per student per hour (online available only due to Covid-19)
This is a very similar set up to private lessons - just with a friend! It is a more affordable way to receive the attention required. Sometimes it is better for students to receive teacher support, but also have peer support.Online Tutoring
This is available for students that cannot travel to Pakenham, but still want the individual attention. Lesson is done online, live, using a computer - it works very effectively.
$50 per hour (reduced price for Covid-19)
This is an excellent way of receiving private help - however with more convenience (there is no limits on distance!). The lesson is completed online - and involves working through challenging questions and also progressing through the study design. Both student and teacher interact by using a tablet and microphones. Any questions can be easily uploaded online and shared instantly. Contact Me
My phone number is 0401305399. I look forward to hearing from you.
- Taught multiple students that have transformed from Ds to Bs (and even As)
- Experience with high achieving students that entered into competitive courses such as
Medicine, Law, Engineering, Pharmacy and many more!
- Worked and supported students that have achieved perfect study scores ie. 50/50
- Worked with students from various selective schools such as Melbourne High, Mac
Robertson, Nossal High School, John Monash Science School and various of private
schools around Melbourne.
- Teacher has written notes, study guides and hundreds of practice exam questions
related to the current VCE study course.
- VIT Registered Teacher
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Monash University) 2005-2007
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (Monash University) 2008 - 2013
- Graduate Diploma of Education (ACU) 2015 - 2016
- VIT Registered Teacher
More importantly I have worked with countless amount of VCE students on a consistent
basis throughout 15 years of teaching experience.
Private lessons (individual)
$60 per lesson (online only, due to Covid-19)
Small Group Private Lesson
This is only for online sessions for groups of 2 or more students. Due to time availability I
don't organise student groups - if you are interested, please ensure that you are able
to bring a friend.
$40 per student per hour (online only)
Joined Tutor Finder on 24-Jan-2007 (updated profile on 26-Mar-2020)