Qualified Registered Teacher (Maths/English 2-9)(Psychology 11-12)
Perth tutor in Algebra, Creative Writing, English, Essay Writing, Further Maths, Geometry, Maths, Psychology, Reading, Statistics
Hello, my name is Alison
QUALIFIED, REGISTERED, WORKING TEACHER
MATHS AND LITERACY SPECIALIST
PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE STUDIES
- Casual Lessons: ACER/NAPLAN/Test/Exam Preparation Sessions - Subject Booster Sessions - Assignment Help - Study Skills
- Casual Lessons: Secondary and Tertiary Essay Writing and Psychology Writing Help
(Assistance with idea development and the art of writing a great essay).
- Regular Weekly Programmed Tuition for Maths and Literacy 2-6
- Regular Weekly Tuition for Maths and Literacy - Strategies and Assistance in support of High School Programming 7-9
- Regular Weekly Assistance with Psychology Subjects 11-12
- I am a qualified and registered teacher with 18 years tutoring and teaching experience.
- I have been working individually with students for 5 years both as a private tutor and also for the Ronald MacDonald Learning Programme visiting children at their schools to assist them with transitioning back into their academic life after long illnesses. Currently working with students from CBC, PLC and MLC.
- I am a relief teacher in Perth Children's Hospital and Fiona Stanley Hospital.
- I have recently completed a degree in Psychology and am now completing Honours in Psychology @ UWA. This means I can offer tuition to Psychology students in Secondary and Tertiary studies.
FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY:
Children have differing abilities and I enjoy finding the pathway that best suits their learning style. Many students have lost their confidence somewhere on their learning pathway and building that up is an important step in improving academic success. This means that our children need to feel 🏆successful 🏆, so I plan my lessons in such a way that they are both challenging but achievable.
I work with children from Years 2 to 9 (PLUS - now offering tutoring to Secondary Psychology Students) and where ever possible it is very helpful to have their teacher(s) on board, in order for me to enhance their learning at school.
As a team (including your child) we can identify some key learning areas that we would like to focus on in the course of the term, and I will provide you with regular verbal updates as well as a Student Learning Programme/Report at the end of the term. 👨🏽🎓👩🏻🎓
Finally, I am mum of two boys in high school and I understand the frustrations, concerns and anxieties of parenting children and wanting them to have a positive learning experience!
As a recent student and teacher I combine both these areas of expertise to assist you to navigate and improve your skills in research, study and writing. This can be particularly helpful if you are a mature age student!!
I look forward to meeting you.
Private tutor for Ronald Mac Donald Learning Programme (2015 - present)
Working with individual students at Perth Children's Hospital and Fiona Stanley Hospital (2017 - 2019)
Private tutoring working with a variety of different abilities - Year 2 - 9
Qualified and Registered Teacher in WA.
Honours Student at UWA (Psychology) - Currently completing
BA, Dip Ed, Dip Sci (Psychology)
Casual lessons: $80
Regular weekly lessons: $75 (with first lesson $60)
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in Western Australia until 29-Aug-2021 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 16-Aug-2019 (updated profile on 16-Sep-2019)