Multilingual Tutor for various ages!
Sydney tutor in English, ESL, General Science, IELTS, Italian, Maths, Microsoft Office, Reading, Spanish, Teacher, Business English (ESL), Environmental Science
I travel to these locationsNorthern Beaches, North Shore, City and Inner West
(2 student reviews)
I recently launched my new language-tuition website, www.antlas.net. More details and a few free print-outs are provided there. Otherwise, here is a summary:
- Qualified EFL tutor, trained at Australasian Training Academy (https://www.ataonline.edu.au).
- I focus on ESL/EFL and Italian tuition, but also offer tuition for other subjects (list as shown on my profile).
- Several years of experience in teaching both adults and older children (mostly over 13).
-My lessons are student focused, with emphasis on speaking and listening exercises, with some grammar and elements of reading and games applying the knowledge obtained in class. However, I can easily tailor the lessons upon request.
-I prefer to assign reading and writing tasks for homework to practice between lessons to maximise class/lesson time.
- Home visits that fit within your timetable and all teaching materials provided.
- I use materials from a variety of sources, including books, newspaper articles (print and online), magazines, songs, etc. For foreign languages, I have produced a vast amount of resources that have been checked by native speakers and content that has been cross-checked with other reputable sources to ensure high-quality original materials are used without any copyright infringement. Notwithstanding this, I am also happy to use published books that have been purchased by a student as well.
I am passionate about providing students with the best opportunity to learn and utilise the language/knowledge both inside and outside the classroom, especially for the latter; applying this knowledge outside of the classroom will facilitate the learning speed and overall process.
I have over four years of tuition experience, both for tutoring individuals and groups
within a classroom setting (up to seven people).
The majority of my classes are teaching students within small groups and business
English. Students from the aforementioned professions generally consist of private
I have also previously taught Italian, Spanish, Maths and Reading (in English).
November 2017 - Successful attainment of C1 (Advanced Italian) CELI Certificate of Language Competence, Università per Stranieri di Perugia.
February 2017 - present: Master of Sustainable Development (part time), Macquarie
University (North Ryde).
2015 - EFL Tuition at American Language Academy in Madrid, Spain
Sep. 2015 - Dec. 2015: Graduate Certificate in Natural Resources Management,
University of Bergen, Norway.
January 2014 - January 2015: TESOL Professional Diploma, Australasian Training
2009- July 2013: Bachelor of Environmental Science (completed), Australian Catholic
2003- 2008 Northern Beaches Secondary College, Cromer Campus
2008 Higher School Certificate:
Relevant subjects: 2-unit Italian Continuers (Band 5: 88/100)
2-unit Senior Science (Band 5: 89/100)
All are home and/or workplace visits. Almost all students opt for the former.
$20 discount for your first lesson and $15 off the second lesson!
$55 (first hour) within a 5 km radius of Brookvale 2100
+$5 for between a 5km and 10km radius
+$10 for between a 10km and 15 km radius
+$15 for more than a 15km radius
All materials provided and the option to do a home visit is preferred (I have a portable
whiteboard, a laptop and all other required equipment).
I am officially qualified, hold over three years of experience (private and group tuition)
and have a registered ABN for tuition (ABN 68 397 423 515).
Various payment methods available for your convenience.
Special Offer - $20 discount for 1st lesson & $20 off for 2nd one
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 04-Sep-2024 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 17-Jul-2014 (updated profile on 11-Oct-2019)