Experienced Language Tutor
Melbourne tutor in Algebra, Biochemistry, Biology, Business Studies, Calculus, Chemistry, Computing, Creative Writing, Dutch, Economics, Engineer, Engineering, English, English Literature, ESL, Essay Writing, Finance, French, General Science, Geography, German, History, Human Biology, Italian, Latin, Management, Maths, Microbiology, Philosophy, Physics, Politics, Reading, Russian, Society and Culture, Spanish, Special Needs, Statistics, intercultural communication, consultation for students who pursue overseas stu
Hi, my name is Bernhard Henger, I immigrated from Germany to Australia in 2014, as my wife is Australian. I am fluent in German, English, French, Spanish, Italian
and Dutch; I also speak Russian and teach beginners Russian. In addition, I have done extensive Latin studies.
By profession I am an Agricultural Engineer and I hold the German equivalent of a Master's Degree in Agricultural Sciences. A degree in Agricultural Sciences includes the areas of Maths, Statistics, applied Physics, Biology, Microbiology and Phytomedicine, among other areas of science. I had a long stint working as an agricultural insurance consultant and loss adjuster (10 years) in my home country up until my emigration to Australia.
I have been tutoring maths and general science, as well as English and German for foreigners for the past five years and have received good feedback about my teaching style, which has been described as calm, reassuring and motivating. I teach both science and language subjects.
Part of my work as an agricultural insurance consultant/loss adjuster in Germany was based in Belgium and the Netherlands, so I had the chance of bringing my French and Dutch language ability up to fluent levels. Teaching languages is always a wonderful experience for me as I am able to assist my students in broadening their cultural awareness, as they expand their language abilities.
- Private tutoring in Science and Language subjects in Bonn, Germany as well as in Melbourne,
- Assistant at German Saturday School Melbourne, Clifton Hill, 2015
- 15 years work experience in Germany; my last long-term occupation before I
immigrated to Australia was the role of insurance loss adjustor and sales representative
at a German agricultural insurance company (2003 - 2014)
- July 2016 - ongoing: German language teacher at the Temple Society Melbourne
Community Language School, Bayswater branch, teaching courses with groups of children, age range 8 - 15 years old
- January 2017 - ongoing - acting manager at "Language Matters" language school, Melbourne
- 2017 - ongoing: Language Assistance/German conversation trainer at Carey Baptist Grammar school, Kew, Melbourne
- German "Abitur" - equivalent to "VCE" in Victoria
- Dairy Farming Practical Qualification (2-year Apprenticeship)
- Master of Agricultural Sciences from the University of Bonn, Germany (Diplom Agrar-
- French and Dutch Language certificates
- 60 hours TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language) certificate, i-to-i TEFL
- Working with Children Check
$60 per hour
Mention that you found this advertisement on Tutor Finder and you will receive your first lesson for half the normal hourly rate ($30 instead of $60).
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in Victoria until 24-Nov-2020 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 03-Dec-2014 (updated profile on 16-Sep-2019)