Experienced English Teacher/Tutor: Fast results. Fun and friendly.
Melbourne tutor in Creative Writing, EAL, English, ESL, Essay Writing, Reading
Hello! I've been teaching English for 8 years now and LOVE what I do. I'm currently Head of English at a Melbourne Secondary School.
You're here, I'm assuming, because you want better for yourself (or a loved one). Perhaps you're already killing it and need only a *little extra* support to meet a particular goal. Or, perhaps, you're wanting to brush up on those reading and writing skills after a significant period of interruption (hello Covid lockdowns). Maybe you're just in need of a teacher who understands you and learning needs? Whatever the case, I've worked with all kinds of students and I'm confident that I can meet you, exactly where you're at and help you reach your goals.
The past two years have been tough. Sessions with me are easy and straightforward.
I provide all resources inclusive of writing samples, templates and sentence stems. There's no fluffing around; we begin writing immediately away after a (brief) get to your session. Lessons are fun, friendly and practical.
As I teach years 7-12, I specialise in the following writing styles. (You may recognise some of them!):
- Text Response (analytical writing)
- Creative writing/creative response to texts
- Analysing Argument (language analysis)
- Comparative writing
- Oral Presentations
- Persuasive writing - NAPLAN preparation
Below are the packages I offer:
1. Get better results, quickly! = 1-1 ($70p/h)
2. Learn from me (and others!) = Groups of 2-4 ($50p/h)
3. Class, but online! = groups of 5 or more ($40p/h)
4. Not a fan of face to face sessions? No worries! Let me mark your work for you = $30 (full report) within 24hours.
Summer school - JAN 2022 (for VCE legends):
Get ahead of the game. Full structured program for VCE students focussing on the three big end of year exam items:
- Section A: Text Response
- Section B: Comparative Writing
- Section C: Analysing Argument **Please email regarding course structure and prices.
I have taken many students who average 50% to 65%+ and students who score 60% to 70% and 80%+ (Of course, your success is largely dependent on the amount of effort put in outside of our sessions, and this would require time however, these are the kinds of results I'm confident we could achieve in our time together.
Wishing you every success moving forward and I look forward to hearing from you!
Kind regards, Chloe Davies.
Current Head of English at a Melbourne Secondary School
Bachelor of Arts (Journalism)
Diploma in Education
$70 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 18-Nov-2021 (updated profile on 19-Nov-2021)