A piano teacher for any level!
Brisbane tutor in Music Theory, Piano
Cindy's Piano Studio welcomes students of all ages, from beginners to advanced. Cindy
strives to develop the potential in each of her students, with the focus being the enjoyment of music-making.
Since the age of 5, she has been playing piano. In 2008, Cindy came to Australia to study with leading concert pianist Kevin Power. The following year, she received a scholarship to study music at the University of Queensland, with Dr Liam Viney (Yale). Since then, she has learnt from performers such as Dr Anna Grinberg and Brachi Tilles. Having continued to study Music education (Dip.Ed) further, she is currently a full time high school music teacher.
Having learnt piano from very different pianists, Cindy has an appreciation of the different approaches with which music can be taught. She understands the struggles students may experience and can find solutions for each of them, whether it be technical, or musical. Cindy has experience preparing students for AMEB, up to diploma level.
Currently: Secondary Teacher of Music, Languages, and Humanities (Brisbane)
9 years piano teaching
6 years accompanying for individual students, choirs, and orchestras.
- AMus.A (Associate with Distinctions)
- Bachelor of Music (Piano Performance, 1st Class Hon.) Dean's Scholar
- Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary)
- Currently: Secondary Teacher of Music, Languages, and Humanities (Brisbane)
- Past: St Peters Lutheran College choir accompanist
- Past: Centenary State High music extension accompanist
- Past: Corinda State High piano teacher
- QCT registered teacher (with Blue card)
$70 per hour
Mention that you found this advertisement on Tutor Finder and you will receive your first lesson for half the normal hourly rate ($35 instead of $70).
Joined TutorFinder on 22-May-2014 (updated profile on 10-May-2018)