Melbourne Italian Tutor for VCE, University UG & PG
Melbourne tutor in Italian
I travel to these locationsLa Trobe University, Watsonia Library, Mill Park Library or other public locations and homes
~~~ HAVE A CONSULTATION CALL TO EXPLORE TUITION OPTIONS ~~~
My name is Daniel Arca. I came to Australia 10 years ago from my hometown in Tuscany and have since completed VCE Italian and have a degree in Italian language & Linguistics. I have a great passion for the Italian language at a personal and professional level, which I bring to all my classes to create an interesting and active learning environment. I also try, within my group classes especially, to create a different kind of learning environment, one that really challenges students to get out of their comfort zone and practically use they knowledge and skills.
I have experience in teaching both one on one and in group classes as I have done tutoring work at La Trobe University through, and in conjunction with, the Italian Society – which I was also involved in founding. Additionally, I have experience in the audiobook and High School student-book industry, as I have worked with Pearson Australia and voiced teaching materials for schools across the country. This has given me a great insight into teaching pronunciation and its value throughout one’s studies and professional career.
My teaching style encourages students to think critically about the language in all areas and to examine their weaknesses and mistakes. I offer TAILOR MADE tuition based on the student’s proficiency in the language, which means I mould the lessons’ structure around the students’ needs and abilities. I am able to offer this targeted tuition at all levels of comprehension, from very basic to advanced. These areas include:
- Improving pronunciation,
- Reading comprehension,
- Writing proficiency,
- Essay writing and grammatical cohesion,
- Verb conjugations and concordances,
- Conversational rules, etc.
WHAT I OFFER:
- Private tuition for years 11 & 12 (including exam prep.) - $45 p/h
- Private tuition for 1st and 2nd year University students - $50 p/h
- Private tuition for 3rd and 4th year University students - $55 p/h
- Honours & postgraduate students - $60 p/h
- Conversation classes (any age and skill level) - $50 p/h
- Group classes for Italian students are encouraged, especially for conversation. Please contact me for any further information.
- * New * Group conversation classes – get some friends together and have some guided speaking/pronunciation practice amongst your peers! - $20 p/h, per person – Min. 3 students. (N/A for University Students)
For any information of queries about bookings, group classes or consultations do not hesitate to contact me.
- Italian tutoring at University level
- Pronunciation tuition
- Reading comprehension and writing tuition
- Native Italian Speaker
- Degree in Italian & Linguistics
- Working with Children Check
Rates may change if desired location is further than 10km
Joined Tutor Finder on 10-Apr-2018 (updated profile on 23-Jul-2018)