Qualified VCE English teacher, currently teaching Year 10-12 English
Melbourne tutor in English
, Essay Writing
Service areasCranbourne, Narre Warren, Hampton Park, Berwick, Lynbrook
My name is Emily and I'm a VCE English teacher (worked for 2-3 years). I was a VCE English tutor prior to working as a full-time registered teacher (5 years). I'm dedicated to help students achieve their best in the final year(s) of their education.
- In 2013 I completed a Bachelor of Arts with a sub-major in English Literature (University of Melbourne). - In 2015 I completed the Master of Teaching (secondary) specialising in English. - In 2016 I started working as a full-time English teacher (Yr 9-12).
INFORMATION ABOUT ME/ WHAT I OFFER:
* A+ student / 40+ study score in English
* VCE high achievers award.
* I offer my own worksheets on language analysis, characters, themes and essay topics during each class. * I offer quality notes and sample essays for each component of study area. * I mark your essays in detail according to the marking sheets that follow your school's SAC criteria. * I offer the opportunity for you to write under pressure (in exam conditions) before each SAC to maximize your writing performance. * I will generate an organised lesson schedule sheet that is adjusted to your school curriculum.
I offer tutoring in libraries around Casey area.
If you would like to improve your essay writing skills including language analysis, text response and context writing, please feel free to contact me and we can organise a location and time. Due to limited availability, booking must be made in advance and there might be a waiting list.
TEXTS I WILL BE TUTORING: *Please do not ask me to teach other texts not included in the below list
1. Twelve Angry Men 2. No Sugar 3. Mabo (film)
4. This Boy's Life
5. In the Country of Men
6. Cat's Eye
7. Summer of the Seventeenth Doll
8. Skin (film)
9. The Mind of a Thief 10. The Quiet American
11. Paradise Road (film)
12. Life of Galileo
13. Every Man in This Village Is a Liar
14. A Christmas Carol 15. The Lieutenant
16. A Separation (film)
17. The Thing Around Your Neck
18. Year of Wonders
20. Witness (film)
22. On the Waterfront (film)
23. Growing up Asian in Australia
24. Will You Be Quiet, Please?
28. Invictus (film)
***I'm now accepting new VCE students for 2018.***
* I completed VCE in 2010 so I'm familiar with the current VCE design and curriculum. I specialise in teaching English for high school students.
* I have tutored up to 20 students in both 2011 and 2012, with many students achieving excellent SAC and study scores.
* In 2013, I tutored 20+ students ranging from year 9-12. I also worked for DT Education in Springvale as an English tutor.
* In 2014, I worked as a student teacher in Kambrya College and University High School to teach Year 8, Year 9, Year 11 and Year 12 English. I have completed 80 hours of student teaching.
* In 2015, I completed a research project on the teaching of creative writing in VCE English.
* 2016 onwards: full time VCE English teaching role
*Bachelor of Arts (Melbourne University)
*Master of Teaching (Melbourne University)
*Working With Children Check
*Registered Victorian full time teacher
[One on one session]
1 hour : $50
1.5 hours: $70
[Group session: 2+ students]
1 hour: $45 per student
1.5 hours: $65 per student
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in Victoria until 30-Nov--0001 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 31-Dec-2010 (updated profile on 24-Aug-2018)