Sydney Tutor in English
, Essay Writing, Creative Writing, ESL, English
Literature, Reading, Communication, Journalism, Media Studies, Society... (see below for full list of subjects and levels)
(10 student reviews)
EXPERIENCED ACADEMIC COACH - ENGLISH, HSC & UNIVERSITY STUDIES
My name is Crystal and my coaching studio assists students in English, HSC and university-level subjects.
A lecturer in Communication at university, I also taught HSC English at a leading North Shore coaching college, prior to establishing the studio. In addition to managing a team of skilled tutors, I personally coach school students, university students and ESL students.
I specialise in:
- ENGLISH (all levels)
- HSC PREPARATION
- UNIVERSITY STUDIES
- ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL)
- ESSAY WRITING
- CREATIVE WRITING - EXAM STRATEGY & PREPARATION - COMMUNICATION & MEDIA STUDIES
- BUSINESS STUDIES (UNIVERSITY LEVEL)
- HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- MEDICINE (verbal and written exam preparation)
- PROOFREADING, EDITING &/OR FEEDBACK - resumes, reports, essays, etc.
I provide worksheets and recommend workbooks, but will appreciate your assistance in providing recent examples of the student's writing, test results or assessments. Feedback on student progression is provided weekly.
Coaching is conducted from my studio in Pyrmont, as well as online via Skype (with document sharing and editing).
MY PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
In addition to my work with students, I provide communication coaching to those in the academic and business fields. l help high potential individuals from all backgrounds improve their communication with others and deliver their message with authenticity, clarity and confidence.
A lecturer and teacher of Communication at university, I have an advanced knowledge of the English language. I hold a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Technology, Sydney.
I specialise in English coaching programs for HSC students. My personalised and results-focused coaching sessions assist students to achieve their best possible ATAR. I have developed my own suite of HSC preparation tools that teach students the formula for successful essay-writing, creative writing and critical analysis in the HSC. By learning and applying this formula, students can overcome any previous challenges with HSC English and start writing Band 6 responses with ease.
As part of my HSC preparation, I :
- teach students to develop conceptual mastery and perfect their writing skills and exam technique. - assist students with assessments and preparation for exams, teaching them the content as well as preparation strategies.
- develop learning programs that are tailored to the student's individual requirements and aim to help them achieve excellent results quickly.
I assist university students with assessments and exam preparation, with my previous students improving dramatically and achieving excellent results.
I teach students to master academic concepts; plan, structure and complete a range of assessments types; critically analyse texts; write more effectively; and improve their exam technique.
My background is in communication but I have a special interest in medicine, helping students prepare for written and clinical exams.
I deliver tailored English lessons for the non-native speaker to assist them with work, study, or daily life.
I develop learning programs that are customised to the student's individual requirements and aim to help them achieve excellent results quickly.
Areas of expertise in ESL include:
- Business English
- Workplace vocabulary
- Pronunciation and accent reduction
- Verbal and written communication
- Grammar - explained in a clear and interesting manner
- Comprehension skills
- Academic English
- Preparation for exams - Proofreading, editing and/or feedback - resumes, reports, essays, etc.
Call me to discuss how I can help you or your child to unlock their full potential.
-PROVEN COACHING STRATEGIES TO UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL-
- English - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- Essay Writing - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- Creative Writing - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- ESL - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- English Literature - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- Reading - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- Communication - Secondary, Tertiary
- Journalism - Secondary, Tertiary
- Media Studies - Secondary, Tertiary
- Society and Culture - Secondary, Tertiary
- Visual Arts - Introduction, Intermediate, Advanced
- Psychology - Tertiary
- Medicine - Tertiary
- Health Studies - Tertiary
- Additionally: University Studies, HSC Preparation, Exam Strategy & Preparation, Humanities & Social Sciences
My academic coaching program yields excellent results:
- University students of communication, business, media, journalism, medicine, science, law, nursing, education and the humanities have improved their comprehension of material and performance in assessments. Throughout 2015, 2016 and 2017, nearly all students received High Distinctions and Distinctions for their assessment results.
- HSC students have dramatically improved their performance in English and related subjects. Last year, all but one of my students achieved an ATAR over 90, and more than half of my students completed the year being ranked top of their class in English, across Standard, Advanced and Extension English.
- School students from other years have significantly improved their grades.
- ESL students have accelerated their mastery of the English language.
-Higher School Certificate (Monte Sant Angelo Mercy College): UAI (now ATAR) 98.75/100;
Distinguished Achiever's list for subjects including English - Advanced; Studies of Religion; Visual Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (University of Technology, Sydney), Distinction Average
Communication Industry Awards include:
International Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award 2017
International Summit Creative Award 2016
International Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award 2015
PRIA Golden Target Award 2007
Working With Children Check - Current
PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A LINK TO MY PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE & LINKED IN PROFILE
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
- Teaching Tuition
- Phone Help
- Online Help
My lesson fee is $99 per hour (in a 10-lesson pack)
Individually-paid lessons are $110 per hour.
Unlike other tutors, my sessions are fully tax deductible.
SPECIAL OFFER - VALUE PACK RATES
10-PACK PASS: Pay for 10 sessions up-front and receive a 10% DISCOUNT. *$99 per session
5-PACK PASS: Pay for 5 sessions up-front and receive a 5% DISCOUNT. $104.50 per session
FEES FOR SINGLE SESSIONS:
$110p/h for a one-to-one session
$160p/h for a family or group session with two students
$110p/h for essay or documentation proofing and/or feedback
I tutor students from my location in Pyrmont as well as online for a fee of $110p/h.
Mention that you found this advertisement on Tutor Finder and you will receive a 10% discount off the normal rate.
Profile last updated on 22-Feb-2018 (registered 08-Oct-2013)
0420 502 985