Mathematics Extension 1 & 2 Textbook Author
Sydney tutor in MathsIntroduction:
I am a textbook author
who will be producing five textbooks for the NEW HSC SYLLABUS 2019
. My publisher is the Mathematical Association of NSW
, which is the organisation in charge of training and teaching NSW school mathematics teachers.
Many people and schools use my book as a resource for their tutoring since there are so few books available in the market on the new syllabus. This is a rare opportunity to get taught by the author.Link below to one of my textbooks as proof:
My speciality is in Year 11 & 12 Extension 1 & 2 Mathematics, where I can bring out the best from high achievers. If you are aiming for a state rank, I am the person to go to.
I have several students who have scored 100 in either Extension 1 or Extension 2 Mathematics. Some of them achieved 100 in both, and some of them have scored state ranks. Achievements:
• Consistently near-perfect teaching survey scores every term where I previously taught.
• 2017: Four students achieved 100 in Mathematics Extension 2
• 2017: Seven students achieve 100 in Mathematics Extension 1
• Most of my students achieve E4 in Extension 1 or Extension 2 Mathematics.Individual & Class Teaching:
• I do classes for at most 6 people at a time. Pricing is $50/ph for classes.
• Classes preferred, but can do individual too for remedial sessions. The dynamic is a lot more fun and engaging with classes, and you will get the most out from classroom teaching. So bring your mates along for an easy E4 in the course you want.
• Individual is $90/ph.Availability:
• Weekends and weekdaysMeeting Place:
• I have a small classroom for small groups available.
• I can come to the home of the student without extra fee if within reasonable distance. Please contact me for arrangements or queries.Level:
• Only Year 11 and 12 students.
• Year 11 & 12 Extension 1 or Extension 2 students of all abilities welcome.Expertise & Teaching Strengths:
• High achieving Year 11 & 12 Mathematics Extension 1 & 2 students.
• Students wanting 100 in Extension 1 or 2 Mathematics
• Note that I am happy to take any abilities on board. Resources:
• For Year 11 students (NEW SYLLABUS), I will use my Year 11 Advanced & Extension 1 textbook.
• For Year 12 students (CURRENT/OLD SYLLABUS), I will use my own typed notes that I have used successfully for several years.Tutoring style:
• I'm easygoing and fun in classes. I generally don't like to have a heavy-hand with teaching unless you specifically want me to give you a bit of a push.
• I actually explain the theory and understand it well enough to explain it back to you simply enough so that you also understand it just as well.
• I seriously know my stuff. Ask me anything related to Mathematics Extension 1 or 2 and I'll have the answer.
• I like to use a lot of analogies so be ready for that. They may be silly, but they work.
• In total I have taken over 300 Year 12 Extension 1 and Extension 2 students
through their HSC year.
• I have written eight books on Mathematics Extension 2
at my former workplace, which includes four theory books and four question books.
Bachelor of Science (Pure Mathematics) - University of Sydney
$90 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 06-Feb-2019 (updated profile on 15-Feb-2019)