Experienced HISTORY Tutor Yrs 7-12: esp.REVOLUTIONS - France/Russia
Melbourne tutor in History
Co-author of textbook on the French Revolution: Anderson and Fenwick, 'Liberating France' (2010, 2016, and forthcoming 2021) HTAV.
Do you feel that you need a bit of specialised support in Revs to maximise your exam performance in November? There are lots of things I can do to help you.
In our tutorials we can
1) reinforce your KNOLWEDGE of basic and extended CONTENT.
2) check your UNDERSTANDING of the deeper connections between events, ideas, interactions between leaders and different groups.
3) help you to strengthen your SKILLS - effective faster READING for comprehension; effective NOTE TAKING, ORGANISATION and CONSOLIDATION of exam revision materials; strategies for effective RECALL of material.
4) develop your WRITING to meet VCE assessment criteria with emphasis on SAC and Examination answer structures.
5) work on individualised tasks and activities as you need them.
6) I will mark and give you DIAGNOSTIC FEEDBACK on written tasks and practice questions.
Are you a sports person, a musician, actor, painter, chef? If so, you will know that practice or training is essential to progress. It is just the same in History. If YOU will write practice answers for me to mark and take note of and implement my feedback, you will most surely improve.
TUTORIAL TIMES and VENUES
I tutor in late afternoon/early evenings Mon-Thurs. I prefer personal contact - tutoring in your home or mine, but provide zoom tutorials for students who live a bit far away. Once we are set up, we can communicate by email in the first instance.
My standard rate is $90 per hour or $120 for a ninety-minute individual session. Different rates apply for pairs or small groups.
I have VIT Registration (inc. Police and Working with Children Check).
I am a passionate educator with over 40 years of classroom teaching in a range of educational settings in Australia and UK. I was Head of History and Classical Studies in a leading academic independent girls' school (2007-2016).
I have taught HISTORY - REVOLUTIONS at Units 3-4 level for twenty years and have successfully tutored both boys and girls from various schools. My specialisations are French and Russian Revolutions but I have a strong knowledge of the contexts for all revolutions set in the course. I also have extensive knowledge of histories taught at VCE Unit 1-2 levels and considerable experience in developing foundational skills in history at all teaching levels Years 7-12.
BA with History major (Melbourne); Dip Ed (Monash); M Ed (Melbourne); Postgraduate research in French revolutionary history, (Melbourne)
PUBLICATIONS: Textbook - 'Liberating France', HTAV, 2010, 2016, 2021 editions; Academic papers for Rude Seminars in French history and on French slavery in 'Les Anneaux de la Memoire', Nantes (France)
$90 per hour
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in Victoria until 06-Sep-2024 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 23-May-2020 (updated profile on 24-Aug-2020)