Sydney tutor in Algebra, Calculus, Maths, Maths Methods, Statistics
Hello I'm Luke Hoad and I graduated from Sydney Boys High School in 2015. I have 3 years experience in specialised mathematics tutoring for high school students. I am currently tutoring ~25 students, all of whom have shown significant improvement in their results. I have a patient approach with students, identifying their weaknesses and working to address them. I can then focus on accelerating students, helping them to achieve their true potential.
A little bit about myself, I currently study and tutor Actuarial Studies/Advanced Mathematics at UNSW, where I received training for my current role in teaching classes at the uni. I have a High Distinction average, and I transferred into this degree from Medicine at UNSW, scoring 96 in the UMAT. Furthermore, I graduated as school captain of Sydney boys, achieving 100% in both Advanced and Extension Mathematics, and receiving a state rank of 9th in NSW for Advanced Mathematics.
My lesson structure is flexible to student needs and time commitments, but my recommended schedule is as follows:
- Revision quizzes that are marked with feedback to help knowledge retention of previous content
- Assistance with school homework + revision for upcoming assessments
- Homework handouts to reinforce material covered in lessons will be provided, completed homework will be marked, with problem areas addressed in the following lesson, - Access to a huge archive of past papers to provide adequate revision materials for students
Details (first lesson FREE)
- Location: Hurstville Grove (near Hurstville, Oatley, Penshurst, Mortdale)
- One-on-One Rate: $70/hr (min 1.5 hours)
- Group rate (2+ students): $40/hr (1.5 hour class, first lesson FREE)
Feel free to contact me via call/text (preferred) or email if you have any questions regarding my tutoring or just need to chat about the HSC in general.
Mobile: 0450 051 971
- 3 Years Experience in specialised Mathematics Tutoring
- Training by UNSW in teaching classes
- Currently teaching classes for Actuarial/Commerce at UNSW
- 100% in Advanced & Extension Mathematics
- 9th in NSW for Advanced Mathematics
- 96 UMAT, transferred out of UNSW Medicine
- Actuarial/Advanced Mathematics Student UNSW
$60 per hour
Special Offer - First lesson FREE
Joined Tutor Finder on 04-Sep-2017 (updated profile on 31-Dec-2018)