UniMelb Doctor of Medicine Student | GAMSAT Tutor | MMI and OSCE Coach
Melbourne tutor in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biology, GAMSAT, Health Studies, Human Biology, IELTS, Medical Doctor, Medical Interviews, Medicine, Microbiology, Physiology, TOEFL
(3 student reviews)
My name is Lynn. I am a third-year medical student at the University of Melbourne. After scoring in the 98th percentile in the GAMSAT and receiving offers from both USyd and Unimelb, I have been leveraging my experience and knowledge in medical interviews to help students succeed and get into medicine from various educational backgrounds.
I believe the best way to prepare for a medical school interview is to practice through series of mock stations over multiple topics and refine interview strategies. During the process, I will provide you with personalised feedback which will be recorded for you to review in your own time. I have many resources on hand to run university-specific mock MMIs on topics such as medical ethics, public health, teamwork, indigenous and rural health and I will teach you how to best approach these.
I am also familiar with medical interviews for international students and can tailor the mock interview to your preferred university and their interview style.
Over the past 7 years, I have also developed a comprehensive framework to approach OSCEs in both pharmacy and medical school. I will show you how to approach medication counselling and interprofessional communication in pharmacy OSCEs. I will also walk you through developing differential diagnoses and demonstrating your clinical reasoning in medicine OSCEs. This framework helped me score first quantile in all of my pharmacy OSCEs and medicine OSCEs. I believe this could also be helpful to anyone studying for OSCEs.
• Medical school interview coach for two years – holding mock MMIs for a range of universities, including the University of Melbourne, the University of Sydney, the University of Queensland, the University of Western Australia, Australian National University and Monash University.
• Peer tutor for first-year medical students at UniMelb
• Peer OSCE tutor for first and second-year medical students at UniMelb
• Anatomy demonstrator for second-year biomedical students (ANAT20006 & BIOM20002) at UniMelb
• Physiology and pharmacology tutor for pharmacy students at Monash Parkville
• 98th percentile GAMSAT score on the first attempt
• First round medical school offers from the University of Melbourne and Sydney University.
• Bachelor of Pharmacy Honours (Scholar Program) from Monash University (GPA 4.00; WAM: 91.778)
• T.F. Ryan Prize for anatomy from the University of Melbourne (2018)
• Exhibition prize recipient from Monash University over two consecutive years (2017-18)
• University Medal for Undergraduate Academic Excellence recipient (2019)
• Monash University International Merit Scholarship recipient (2016-2019)
• Fluent in English and Mandarin
$80 per hour
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in Victoria until 08-Jun-2026 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 10-Jun-2022 (updated profile on 16-Jun-2022)