Passionate Maths Tutor, specialising in Group & Individual lessons
Sydney tutor in Algebra, Calculus, Further Maths, Maths, Maths Methods, Statistics
Service areasCarlingford, Epping, Eastwood, Parramatta, Beecroft, Cheltenham, Thornleigh, Pennant Hills,Denistone
(2 student reviews)
Hi there! My name is Mathew Wong and I specialise in Mathematic Tutoring from students in Year 7-12. I am currently in final year studying a Bachelor of Actuary and Commerce at UNSW. I graduated from Carlingford High School in 2015 coming 1st for Extension 1 Mathematics (3u) and 1st for Extension 2 Mathematics, obtaining a mark of 99 and 96 respectively.
There are no limits when it comes to your Child's Potential.
My aims are simple; to develop the best possible fundamentals so your Child can tackle even the most difficult questions. My core belief is that anyone has the potential to be great at something, provided they are determined and dedicated.
Tutoring will run for 2 hours and be in an intimate and focused group setting. This is because I believe the best way to grow is with each other. In a small group environment, students are able to build a holistic understanding of Mathematical concepts. From other students raising questions and helping each other during class, this helps solidify their Mathematical understanding.
My vision is to teach what's currently needed at school and to ensure their foundations are to a high standard. Moving ahead, my ultimate goal is for my students to be well prepared by learning ahead of the syllabus and maximising their marks.
I hope to be in touch soon; if you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to help with any queries!
• Tutoring services range from Extension 2 Mathematics (4u), Extension 1 Mathematics (3u) and Advanced Mathematics (2u) and Standard Mathematics (Previously known as General Maths)
• Wide range of experience tutoring both privately and in a group setting
I've taught students from schools such as;
- James Ruse High School
- North Sydney Boys High School
- North Sydney Girls High School
- Sydney Boys High School
- Sydney Girls High School
- Baulkham Hills High School
- Girraween High School
- Hornsby Girls High School
- Normanhurst High School
- Ryde Secondary College
- Carlingford High School
- Cheltenham High School
- Epping Boys High School
- Castle Hill High School
- St Patrick High School
- Kings High School
- Northholm Grammar School
- Riverside Girls High School
- Cumberland High School
- Prairiewood high School
- Pacific Hills Christian School
• All students that have tutored has gone through my tutoring have achieved a band 6.
• Personal experience from my past experience can be found on my linkedin, https:, , www.linkedin.com, in, mathew-wong,
• Came First for Extension 1 Mathematics (3u), achieving a mark of 99
• Came First for Extension 2 Mathematics (4u), achieving a mark of 96
• UNSW Commerce/Actuarial Studies 4th year
• Guiding students in understanding and developing their fundamentals through various innovative, specialised ways of teaching.
• Inspiring a growth mindset.
• Building and enriching their confidence through constructive feedback.
• Valuing the student’s growth in learning Mathematics
Group tutoring price is $32.50
Special Offer - Trial Lesson
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 28-Jun-2023 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 27-May-2018 (updated profile on 24-Nov-2020)