Qualified High School Music & Piano Teacher
Sydney tutor in Music Theory, Musicianship, Piano, Singing
I travel to these locationsSouth East Sydney, East Sydney, online via Skype, email
I am a qualified, approachable and enthusiastic high school music teacher in Sydney. I have been teaching high school music for over 9 years. I love playing piano, singing, arranging music, and deconstructing music theory and musicianship for students of ALL ages (including adults).
I have been playing the piano for over 25 years, singing and arranging music and teaching choirs for 8 years. I have also worked with choirs such as the Australian Girls Choir and have tutored students privately for over 10 years.
I am classically trained in piano but also love playing and teaching chords and chord theory, figuring out how to play popular songs, working on medleys and playing and singing at the same time.
I know the concepts of music back to front from both a HSC Music 1 and Music 2 perspective, have aced every musicianship exam I sat for (achieving 100% in the Grade 5 examination), and achieved my Diploma in Piano (AMusA) in 2008.
What I have on offer...
* Piano lessons (beginner, intermediate, advanced), for whatever reason you choose (for fun, for school, or formal examinations), at $40 for a half-hour, $50 for 45 minutes or $60 for an hour
* Music theory lessons, including help with AMEB Musicianship, or help with HSC Music 1 or Music 2 courses, at $40 for a half-hour, $50 for 45 minutes or $60 for an hour (can also do this online via Skype/email)
* Accompaniment - if you need an accompanist for any reason, I can also provide this service for you. Payment would depend upon rehearsal time and circumstance
Availability varies but generally I am available after school most days and on Saturdays.
I live in Botany and work in Randwick and am happy to come to you, or to work something out over the Internet.
Contact me if I sound like the person for you, or if you have any questions.
* Have tutored primary school and high school students since I was in high school
(approximately 15 years)
* Worked as a singing instructor with the Australian Girls' Choir from 2007 - 2009
* Currently working full-time as a Music teacher in a local Sydney high school
Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Education, UNSW
Diploma in Piano - Associate in Music Australia - AMEB
$60 per hour
Mention that you found this advertisement on Tutor Finder and you will receive your first lesson for half the normal hourly rate ($30 instead of $60).
Joined Tutor Finder on 03-Jan-2017 (updated profile on 04-Jul-2018)