Sydney tutor in Music Theory, Musicianship, Piano, Singing
I travel to these locationsSouth East Sydney
I am a qualified, approachable and enthusiastic high school music teacher in Sydney. I have been teaching high school music for 9 years. I love playing piano, singing, arranging music, and deconstructing music theory and musicianship for students of ALL ages (including adults).
I have been playing the piano for over 25 years, singing and arranging music and teaching choirs for 8 years. I have also worked with choirs such as the Australian Girls Choir and have tutored students privately for over 10 years.
I am classically trained in piano but also adore playing and teaching chords, figuring out how to play popular songs, working on medleys and playing and singing at the same time.
I know the concepts of music back to front from both a HSC Music 1 and Music 2 perspective, have aced every musicianship exam I sat for (achieving 100% in the Grade 5 examination), and achieved my Diploma in Piano (AMusA) in 2008.
What I have on offer...
* Piano lessons (beginner, intermediate, advanced), for whatever reason you choose (for fun, for school, or formal examinations), at $30 for a half-hour or $40 for 45 minutes
* Singing lessons (beginner, intermediate), again for whatever reason you choose, at $30 for a half-hour or $40 for 45 minutes
* Music theory lessons, including help with AMEB Musicianship, or help with HSC Music 1 or Music 2 courses, at $30 for a half-hour or $40 for 45 minutes - can also do this online
* Accompaniment - if you need an accompanist for any reason, I can also provide this service for you. Payment would depend upon rehearsal time and circumstance.
Availability varies but generally I am available after school most days and on Saturdays.
Rates are negotiable but generally I charge $30 for half and hour and $40 for 45 minutes, or can work out packages (e.g. 5 lessons for $130).
I live in Botany and work in Randwick and am happy to come to you.
Contact me if I sound like the person for you, or if you have any questions.
* Have tutored primary school and high school students since I was in high school
(approximately 15 years)
* Worked as a singing instructor with the Australian Girls' Choir from 2007 - 2009
* Currently working full-time as a Music teacher in a local Sydney high school
Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Education, UNSW
Diploma in Piano - Associate in Music Australia - AMEB
$50 per hour
Joined TutorFinder on 03-Jan-2017 (updated profile on 30-May-2018)