Get Better Marks In Maths the Quick & Easy Way
Melbourne tutor in VCE Math Methods, VCE Further Maths
Service areasMornington Peninsula, Bayside Area
(1 student review)
Hi, my name is Michael and my tutoring helps high school students in Year 7 to 10 Maths, VCE Maths Methods and VCE Further Maths to excel in Maths.
A qualified secondary teacher I taught Maths at Eltham High School. I also taught Maths, English and Comprehension at a leading Tutoring agency in Frankston prior to establishing my tutoring studio.
I specialise in:
- YEAR 7 TO 10 MATHS
- VCE MATHS METHODS
- VCE FURTHER MATHS
- BASIC MATHS FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE A HISTORY OF STRUGGLING WITH MATHS
My tutoring helps my Year 7 to 10 students to:
- learn and understand the concepts they struggle with
- learn and apply basic Maths skills to harder questions without the use of their calculator - develop & practice the step by step method needed to excel in Maths
- understand and apply the problem solving process to more difficult questions
- develop confidence in their Maths ability to the point where they are willing to have a go at harder questions without the fear of getting the wrong answer.
My tutoring helps my VCE students to:
- learn and understand complex concepts in topics they struggle with.
- develop the step by step problem solving process needed to understand and solve VCE Maths Methods & Further Maths questions.
- use their calculator to check their work rather than relying on it to do all the work.
- get started on VCAA past exam questions early on in the year so they develop the “exam question mindset” and in doing so, lift their problem solving thinking skills to a higher “exam level”. - get the ENTER score they need to get into their course.
MY VCE MATHS EXPERIENCE
I am familiar with the textbook questions in VCE Maths Methods and VCE Further Maths as I have completed them a number of times since I started tutoring - so there is no time wasted trying to work out questions before explaining them to my students.
I have also completed the questions in every VCE Maths Methods and Further Maths VCAA exam since 2000 and use these solutions as resources when I’m teaching my VCE students.
Coaching is conducted from my studio in Frankston, as well as online via Skype (with document sharing).
In addition to my work with students, I provide
- Structured lessons for learning basic and advanced Maths concepts and skills
- Additional homework exercises where needed. - Mentoring and support for students with poor organisation skills. - Homework help. - Diagnostic testing (Basic Maths). - Transition to Year 7 Maths program.
- Early Start lessons for VCE Maths.
- Exam preparation.
- Term break lessons.
- Summer School lessons.
I was previously a classroom teacher at Eltham High School where I taught Maths, Science and Computer Science and tutored students part—time after school hours. I also gained some Tutoring experience at Kip McGrath over a 3 year period after I left Eltham High School.
Since leaving Kip McGrath in 1999, I've been tutoring students in Maths from my home studio:
- My students who had a history of struggling with Maths improved their understanding and results significantly. Many of them went on to study VCE Math Methods or Further Maths.
- My students who were struggling with VCE Maths improved their understanding and results significantly and obtained the ENTER score they needed to be accepted into the courses they wanted.
I have tutored students from these schools so far:
Haileybury College, Toorak College, The Peninsula School, Padua College, John Paul College, Woodleigh, Balcombe Grammar, Melbourne High School, Mentone Boys & Girls Grammar, Melbourne High School, Lilydale High School, Frankston High School, McClelland College, Elizabeth Murdoch College, Bayside Christian College, St.Leonards, St.Peters - Cranbourne, Frankston Tafe, Kilbreda College, Dromana Secondary College, Patterson River Secondary College, Carrum Downs Secondary College
B.Sc. (Monash University)
Dip.Ed. (Monash University)
Fully Qualified High School Teacher.
Trial first lesson.
Ongoing Lessons $75.
Personal Tutoring in Frankston:
Private lessons $85
Group lessons $55
Joined Tutor Finder on 30-Mar-2015 (updated profile on 15-Mar-2019)