Yrs 1 – 10 Maths, 1-10 English, primary, parent consultations
Brisbane tutor in English, Essay Writing, General Science, Maths, Available to consult with parents who need
assistance with educating online
My tutoring skills are :
- I can adapt to different personalities and communication styles very quickly
- An ability to quickly build rapport with the child
- An ability to quickly understand how the student thinks
- Ability to work out where the “gaps” are in knowledge and skills and work on building these foundational skills
- Analytical thinking ability
- Able to break tasks down into more manageable pieces
- Build up the student’s self-confidence
- Strong skills in maths myself
A few years ago I studied a maths subject through USQ that covered maths topics in junior high school. I did well in this subject (HD) and feel confident to teach Maths up to and including Year 10. I have also studied uni subjects related to teaching of maths and ways in which students misunderstand maths.
I hold a current Blue Card and can provide referees on request.
When we first speak, I would love to learn how I can help your child. Tutoring is $40 per hour, minimum time of one hour.
weekdays during school hours
Skills I offer students
- Years of experience as a teacher aide which has given me an understanding of how children learn
- Ability to break a complex task into simpler components, then slowly build up so that the task becomes achievable
- Praise and encouragement for consistent effort and perseverance, which are the building blocks for success
- Help students goal set and understand how to approach schoolwork
- break down self-belief barriers by fostering a growth mindset (as described in Carol Dweck’s research)
Skills I offer parents
- Initial discussion with you to understand your child
- available to consult with parents who need assistance planning online learning for their child/ren
I have eight years of teacher aide experience in primary schools and have completed half of a Masters of Teaching (Primary) from UTAS.
I am well educated, having been awarded a bachelor degree with honours (UNSW) and a postgraduate diploma (UTS). I have experience working in both allied healthcare and information technology.
As I understand how to interpret the Australian Curriculum, I will be able to align my tutoring with the requirements of the Australian Curriculum.
$40 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 28-Jun-2019 (updated profile on 27-Mar-2020)