Experienced maths tutor helping you maximise your marks
Sydney tutor in Algebra, Calculus, Further Maths, Geometry, Maths, Maths Methods, Statistics
I came 2nd in NSW in Maths Extension 1
and 3rd in NSW in Maths Extension 2
in the 2015 HSC. I specialise in tutoring Mathematics Advanced (2U)
, Extension 1 (3U)
and Extension 2 (4U)
. I will teach you the tips, tricks and techniques to help you reach your goals and excel in maths, whether you are aiming for a band 6 or you are simply looking to improve. Lessons focused on
1) Teaching the content clearly and thoroughly until you fully understand it.
2) Going through examples and exam style questions, during which I will guide you through my thought process on how to approach the questions. I will teach you different problem solving techniques and the most efficient ways to solve different questions. This will allow you to comfortably tackle any future questions you encounter.
3) Improving exam technique. This includes teaching you how to reduce silly mistakes and properly set out responses to maximise marks. In Year 11, I got 100% in every exam so I am especially confident I can help you out in this area.
4) Identifying your weaknesses and helping you improve in those areas.
5) Encouraging you to think critically and outside the box.
6) Assisting with any assignments under the new syllabus.Assignment help
I can also help with maths assignments which you send me by email, in which I assist with harder problems, fix mistakes and provide general feedback on areas for improvement.University background
I am doing a Combined Law and Advanced Mathematics degree at the University of Sydney, a degree which has allowed me to continue my passion for maths. I have completed my maths degree with a High Distinction average. This has allowed me to gain a complete mastery of the high school material, which means I’m able to explain the content in different ways and simply enough so that my students can understand it. I am very confident teaching the new syllabus as I have studied all the new topics at an advanced level at university, e.g. statistics and proof. For 2U and 3U, statistics is the major new topic. Statistics was the focus of my maths degree as I majored in Financial Mathematics and Statistics. I achieved first place in a senior advanced statistics subject and have done academic research relating to statistical tests. For 4U, proof is the major new topic, another area I excel in as I achieved a mark of 99 in a related university subject.Extra benefits
1) Many past papers, resources and extra materials that I can provide to you, which will help you to broaden your understanding of the coursework and strengthen your mathematical ability.
2) I make my own exam style questions, which are similar in content and structure to your upcoming school assessments.
3) Can help you with any questions you ask me outside of class.Location
My house in West Pymble or surrounding areas (e.g. Chatswood, Gordon).
I have 6 years of tutoring experience and have taught students from schools including Sydney Grammar, Knox, Pymble Ladies, Shore, James Ruse, NSB, NSG, Normanhurst Boys, Abbotsleigh, Barker, Ravenswood, Sydney Boys, Manly Selective Campus, Killara and Chatswood. My students have considerably improved their school ranks with many being near the top of their grade. Their results include a 90% top band success rate in HSC maths subjects (band 6/E4) and numerous 99+ ATARs (top being 99.85). I am happy to provide references from current and past students if you are interested.
2nd in NSW in Mathematics Extension 1
3rd in NSW in Mathematics Extension 2
Graduated North Sydney Boys
: 99.80 ATAR, HSC All Rounder, 1st in Maths years 7-9, 11 and 12.
Graduated University of Sydney
: Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics), High Distinction average, 1st in senior advanced statistics.
: 3x ICAS Mathematics Medal Winner, 3x Australian Mathematics Competition Prize, Australian Intermediate Mathematics Olympiad HD.
$100 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 16-Apr-2020 (updated profile on 12-Aug-2020)