Friendly and Approachable Top Performing Medical Student
Melbourne tutor in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Calculus, Cantonese, Chemistry, Doctor of Medicine, ESL, Essay Writing, GAMSAT, Health Studies, IELTS, Mandarin, Maths, Medical Interviews, Medicine, Microbiology, Nursing, Physics, Physiology, PTE
- Currently final year medical student at the University of Melbourne (proof provided upon request)
- Tutoring for all levels of high school biology, chemistry and mathematics (VCE and IB)
- University Chemistry, and Biology and other Medical Science subjects
- Languages: Fluent Mandarin Chinese, and Cantonese Chinese (tutorials provided upon request)
- Language: Native English Speaker, IELTS and PTE exam preparation (achieved average scores of 9 in IELTS)
- 2012 New South Wales Higher School Certificate ATAR 99.90 (proof provided upon request)
- Can do one on one, a small group of students, home visits or online help
- Thank You! If interested, please contact me for more info.
-------------My Teaching Philosophy-------------------
The first step to mastering the examination is to comprehensively understand and be able to manipulate the theoretical framework of the knowledge. With my extensive experience, I will tailor my curriculum according to each student's needs and ensure that the structured frameworks and models are well imprinted in the students' minds.
2 – Application
Each session, we will go through practice questions together to strengthen the knowledge foundation we have constructed. Students are encouraged to ask as many questions as possible to 'wrestle' with the concept in order to increase understanding and build up their confidence. Afterwards, students will be given feedback and key takeway problems to work on.
3 – Mastery
After drilling and training with all levels of questions, students are advised to perform under exam conditions in order to simulate the test environment. By conditioning and familiarising students with the exam techniques, only then can they entirely 'master' the subject and perform to the best of their potential.
No matter how high the goal is, I am a passionate believer that every student, if given the correct guidance, and appropriate inspiration, can achieve the goals they set out in their minds. As someone who has been through the gruelling process of exam preparations over the years, as well as having extensive experience in teaching/ mentoring different students, I have amassed a great insight into the education system from the high school system to the university system. I firmly believe in inspiring students to step out of their comfort zones while providing the necessary guidance so their dream goals can be achieved.
For younger students, I am also available for weekly homework assistance and guidance as well as teaching advanced content depending on the students' needs and wishes.
Phone: +61 478067840 (please send me a text as I may not be able to pick up your calls in the hospital)
-I have had extensive experience in tutoring in a one-on-one setting as well as in a group setting for the past 7 years. I specialise in teaching all levels of high school mathematics, university level physics, chemistry and biology, as well as assisting students in securing high marks for specific admission tests such as GAMSAT for medicine, IELTs and PTE for English.
Over the past 7 years, I have taught over 100 students directly and they have all improved their scores significantly under my tutelage and many have achieved the academic goals which they have previously thought impossible.
I am available for assistance both in person and over video call via the use of an interactive whiteboard.
- 2012 NSW Higher School Certificate ATAR 99.90
- Achieved a Bachelor of Biomedicine at the University of Melbourne (majoring in
- Currently in the final year of the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program at the Melbourne
Medical School, WAM Average: 80%, High Distinction
Discounts available for group classes or lessons conducted through video calls
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in Victoria until 05-Feb-2021 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 07-Mar-2017 (updated profile on 17-Sep-2019)