Native Australian-Japanese tutor
Sydney tutor in Japanese
Hello! I’m Riona.
I was born and raised in Sydney from Japanese descent. I’m currently a 2nd-year undergraduate student at Macquarie University.
I’ve studied Japanese in context during high school and ranked 4th in the NSW State HSC course. I have also achieved an N1 level in JLPT, the highest level in Japanese language studies.
I’ve been teaching high school students ranging from a Beginner to Heritage Level. I am offering my knowledge in Japanese language and culture and linguistic skills in teaching through various forms, such as speaking, reading, and writing, and role-play activities with an ultimate intention to help you achieve high marks in your school exams. Both online and on-site learning are welcome!
Please contact me for a trial lesson if you are interested.
Looking forward to your call!
I’ve been teaching high school students ranging from a Beginner to Heritage (Japanese in Context) level from various schools, such as Willoughby Girls High School, Turramurra High School, Hornsby Girls High School, International Grammar School, etc.
My lessons involve engaging in various learning activities incorporating speaking, writing, and reading skills, which will assist in enhancing the student’s understanding of the Japanese language and culture whilst meeting the requirements of the NESA syllabus. Students will participate in:
- Daily conversation
- Reading various text types (diary, article, etc.)
- Writing exercises (writing response, applying new vocab, grammar and kanji)
- Listening exercises (listening to conversations in practical situations and comprehending, comparing sample answers)
- Fun activities (flashcards, watching videos relating to Japanese culture, role-play in practical usage such as stores, school, family, friends, etc.)
I provide my original learning materials that are tailored to the student’s level of Japanese and are compliant to the HSC requirements and they have been verified at the strictest level by very experienced tutors. My learning materials are designed to identify student areas of strengths and weaknesses and are adaptable to adjust to their needs. Every effort is made to ensure student’s appreciation of the program in each step before moving on to the next.
I will be also giving consistent feedback for each session to ensure that students can track their progress together.
I’m hoping to make a comfortable peer-learning environment for students to enjoy their learning experience.
- Studied Japanese in context during high school - ranked 4th in the NSW state HSC course
- Achieved an N1 level in JLPT, highest level of Japanese language proficiency studies.
$22 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 30-Jun-2020 (updated profile on 16-Jul-2020)