99.5 ATAR, Eng Ext2 10th STATE RANK, YOUNG WRITERS PUBLISHED
Sydney tutor in Creative Writing, EAL, Economics, English, English Literature, ESL, Essay Writing, Reading
I travel to these locationsMost Sydney suburbs, including Epping and Hornsby
(1 student review)
- I am available to tutor any day of the week, however, during the morning between 7am-11am and the evening between 5pm-8pm are preferable.
- Students or parents can contact me via phone: 0401247033, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The meeting place for tutoring can be organised on an individual basis, however, I am very willing to travel within Sydney (especially closer to Sydney University) and conduct lessons online.
- I have an incredibly strong passion in the pursuit of knowledge and self-growth, which has propelled me to not only tutor my students within the boundaries of the school curriculum, but also extend their knowledge further such that they understand what they are learning in school on a deeper level.
- I specialise in providing essay feedback, developing students' creative writing skills as well as extension 2 major work feedback.
- Sessions will generally be an hour long, however, I am very flexible with timing and are willing to provide students with feedback external to lessons in cases where assignment due dates are approaching quickly or exam periods.
- I will provide multiple resources, not limited to: band 6 essays and creative pieces, research papers.
- I only offer tutoring to high school students, generally within years 10-12.
- I am also very friendly, however, will give harsh, constructive feedback.
I am highly selective in the students which I tutor due to high demand for my services and the time I spend catering towards each individual student’s academic needs so that I can ensure they maintain a high ranking and have a comprehensive understanding of English. I see my role as a tutor not limited to providing weekly lessons and extensive feedback, but also as a mentor and guide who is reliable, provides timely feedback even with short notice (which my students have found is essential during HIGH-STRESS EXAM PERIODS), and caters extensively to my students’ schedules and areas they are struggling with. By taking on less students, my intention is to ‘raise’ my students as a tutor and highly-experienced mentor through Year 11 and 12 until they graduate with top-marks.
Therefore, I am only willing to tutor students who I believe have the ambition, drive and basic skills to surpass their absolute potential with me and achieve Band 6 level results.
I have tutored students in English Advanced to Extension 2, however, I am a specialist in English Extension 1 and 2. Using my teaching experience, as well as my own personal experience completing Extension 2 and being published in Young Writers, I provide extensive feedback, theoretical guidance, and mentor ship to ensure that my students’ major works excel and meet NESA’s often enigmatic conditions that separate the highest-mark pieces from the rest of the cohort.
I have extensive experience in tutoring Band 6 level HSC and year 11 students in English Advanced, English Extension 1 and 2. I ranked 10TH IN THE STATE FOR ENGLISH EXTENSION 2, ACHIEVED 48/50 FOR EXTENSION 1 AND 97/100 for English Advanced. I maintained FIRST IN MY SELECTIVE SCHOOL COHORT in ALL ENGLISH SUBJECTS (UP TO 4U). I have worked extensively in private one-to-one tutoring as well as with well-known academic colleges in group tutoring.
I have resources (including previous Band 6 essays, creative pieces and reflection pieces I completed) that I am incredibly happy to share with my future students - this includes but is not limited to: Band 6 (full-mark) essays, discursives and creative pieces; text-specific guides to aid with analysis and understanding; as well as practice papers and questions.
As I have recently experienced the ordeals of the HSC that my students now face, I will provide study tips and advice on how to maximise your ATAR and work towards your dream course.
$80 - English Advanced and Ext 1
$100 - English Extension 2
Mention that you found this advertisement on Tutor Finder and you will receive your first lesson for half the normal hourly rate ($40 instead of $80).
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 30-Nov--0001 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 08-Jan-2021 (updated profile on 16-Jun-2022)