HSC Science Specialist | 5 Years Experience | B.Sci & MD Student
Sydney tutor in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics
I travel to these locationsHurstville, Oatley
(5 student reviews)
Hi there! My name is Sunny and I am an experienced private tutor for for high-school Chemistry and Physics (New NSW HSC curriculum).Experience & Qualification
I graduated from The University of Sydney with a Bachelor's in Biochemistry & Anatomy and completed HSC from North Sydney Boys' High School in 2015. Currently, I am studying Doctor of Medicine at The University of Sydney.
Besides tutoring for an extensive period of time, I know the new Chemistry and Physics syllabus inside out, as I have not only studied it myself at university but taught it to 30+ students since the beginning of 2018. Proven Results
In the 2019 HSC, all students achieved results well above the state AND school average with a mean HSC mark of 91.0 (chemistry) and 87.3 (physics). Academic Background
- Achieved High Distinction average mark throughout my Bachelor's degree (2018)
- Achieved 1st in course for Chemistry (98) at Sydney Uni (2016)
- Achieved Band 6 in Physics (94) and Chemistry (94) (ATAR: 99.00) for NSW HSC (2015)Why me?
- Tertiary qualification in Biochemistry and Anatomy and have been a science tutor for 5 years.
- 2000+ hours worth of new syllabus resources for HSC Chemistry & Physics to support students' learning experience. You can preview them at scienceready.com.au
- I provide online help outside tutorial times at no additional costs.What resources will you receive?
- Study notes (self-made including materials from various top schools including Sydney Boys and Sydney Girls)
- Weekly Practice Questions (New NESA Syllabus)
- Past and Current Syllabus Exam Papers
- Science Ready Exam Papers (New NESA Syllabus)
- Third Party Resources including but not limited to: Surfing, Pearson, NEAP, CSSA, QAT, ATAR Notes, Chemistry in Focus, Dot Point...TIME & LOCATION
Tutorials go for 1.5 hours.
All lessons are currently conducted online over Zoom. RATES
I have tutored in an 1-on-1 setting as well as group classes since the beginning of 2016. I have tutored students from both selective high schools (incl. Sydney Boys, Sydney Tech and Sydney Grammar) and local high schools. Under my guidance, all students have achieved improvements in their ranks or simply higher marks in exams, with few achieving top marks in their exams.
- Bachelor of Science (Adv) at University of Sydney - High Distinction WAM
- HSC at North Sydney Boys' High School - ATAR 99.00
Year 11 Chemistry or Physics: $90 per week (1.5 hours 1-on-1 tutorial and online help)
Year 12 HSC Chemistry or Physics $105 per week (1.5 hours 1-on-1 tutorial and online help)
University Science Tutoring
Tutorials for Sydney Uni science courses are:
- $70/hr for weekly/fortnightly tutorials.
- $80/hr for casual sessions.
Special Offer - $50/hour for initial 1.5 hours 1-on-1 tutorial
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 16-Dec-2021 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 30-Sep-2018 (updated profile on 21-Sep-2020)