USYD Science Graduate | 4 Years Experience | 1-one-1 & Group
Sydney tutor in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, General Science, Human Biology, Physics, Physiology
I travel to these locationsHurstville, Oatley, Rockdale, University of Sydney
(5 student reviews)
Hi there! My name is Sunny Wu and I graduated from: -The University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Science (Advanced) in 2018
-North Sydney Boys' High School in 2015.
I have extensive experience in providing tailored academic tutoring in natural sciences for high school and university student.
- Achieved High Distinction average mark throughout my entire degree (2018)
- Achieved 1st in course for Chemistry at Usyd (2016)
- Achieved Band 6 in Physics and Chemistry for NSW HSC (2015)
WHAT SUBJECTS DO I TUTOR?
- Year 11 Chemistry - Year 12 HSC Chemistry
- Year 11 Physics - Year 12 HSC Physics
- Year 7-10 Science
University of Sydney science courses including:
- CHEM1011 (Fundamentals of Chemistry 1A)
- CHEM1012 (Fundamentals of Chemistry 1B)
- CHEM1111 (Chemistry 1A)
- CHEM1112 (Chemistry 1B)
- CHEM2401 (Molecular Reactivity and Spectroscopy)
- BCMB2001 (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)
WHAT DIFFERENTIATES ME FROM OTHER TUTORS?
- I have a tertiary qualification in chemistry and biological sciences
- I have a background in content creation & design which allows me to produce material that specifically targets a student's needs
- I have 2 years of academic mentoring experience; I can offer you advice on study habits, preparation for exams and - I offer out of lesson advice and homework help via emails and text
Sessions either go for 1 or 1.5 hours depending on the student's needs and what I think is more suitable for them.
Lessons are either conducted at Hurstville library or my place (Oatley).
As a tutor, I value building rapport as much as helping students improvement. Therefore, I mainly look for long term students who are driven and seeking mentoring and guidance.
My tutoring philosophy is simple. Hard-work yields success.
As a parent, student you can expect the following from me:
- Teach & explain content and syllabus in an effective and clear manner - Provide extensive resources including detailed notes for new science syllabi, exam papers and practice questions tailored to your, your child's weakness.
- Teach your child, you how to analyse and approach exam questions
- Provide guidance throughout your, your child's final years of high school by helping you, them develop good habits and work ethic
As a tutor who is passionate about students' success, I strictly expect my students to be hard-working and give it their 100%.
Please enquire about my current availability. Include your child's, your available times and preferred times in your inquiry. Thank you!
I have tutored in an 1-on-1 setting as well as group classes since the beginning of 2016. I have tutored students from both selective high schools (incl. Sydney Boys, Sydney Tech and Sydney Grammar) and local high schools. Under my guidance, all students have achieved improvements in their ranks or simply higher marks in exams, with few achieving top marks in their exams.
- Bachelor of Science (Adv) at University of Sydney - High Distinction WAM
- HSC at North Sydney Boys' High School - ATAR 99.00
Weekly 1-on-1 sessions for year 11 & 12 subjects are fixed at $60/hr (First trial lesson $40/hr + academic consultation)
Weekly 1-on-1 sessions for year 7-10 subjects are fixed at $50/hr (First trial lesson $40/hr + academic consultation)
I conduct group lessons for year 11 & 12 students for chemistry, physics and biology. Rates are fixed at $30/hr for a group of 3. Please enquire if you are interested in group tutoring.
Casual sessions may incur additional cost.
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 16-Dec-2021 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 30-Sep-2018 (updated profile on 18-Jul-2019)