HSC Chemistry & Physics | 5 Years Experience | Science Graduate
Sydney tutor in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, General Science, Human Biology, Physics, Physiology
I travel to these locationsHurstville, Oatley, Rockdale, University of Sydney
(5 student reviews)
Hi there! My name is Sunny Wu and I offer tutoring classes for high school Chemistry and Physics (New NSW HSC curriculum)Experience
I graduated from Sydney Uni with a B.Sci in Biochemistry & Anatomy and completed HSC from North Sydney Boys' High School in 2015. I have tutored high school and university students in sciences for 5 years.Academic Background
- Achieved High Distinction average mark throughout my undergraduate degree (2018)
- Achieved 1st in course for Chemistry at USyd (2016)
- Achieved Band 6 in Physics and Chemistry (ATAR: 99.00) for NSW HSC (2015)Why me?
- I am a science graduate and have been a tutor for 5 years.
- I not only provide you with study notes but a wide range of resources I have developed and collated over the course of 5 years.
- I am a tutor and a mentor. I teach, revise and guide your science learning experience while helping you identify your academic and career goals.
- I prioritise improvement over high achievement.What resources will you receive?
- Study notes (made by myself using textbooks and sources from various schools)
- Weekly Practice Questions
- Past and Current Syllabus Exam Papers
- Science Ready Exam Papers (New NESA Syllabus)
- Third Party Resources including but not limited to: Surfing, Pearson, NEAP, CSSA, QAT, ATAR Notes, Chemistry in Focus, Dot Point...TIME & LOCATION
Tutorials go for 1.5-2 hours.
Lessons are conducted in teaching rooms either at Hurstville Library or Rockdale Library.RATES
I have tutored in an 1-on-1 setting as well as group classes since the beginning of 2016. I have tutored students from both selective high schools (incl. Sydney Boys, Sydney Tech and Sydney Grammar) and local high schools. Under my guidance, all students have achieved improvements in their ranks or simply higher marks in exams, with few achieving top marks in their exams.
- Bachelor of Science (Adv) at University of Sydney - High Distinction WAM
- HSC at North Sydney Boys' High School - ATAR 99.00
Students are encouraged to invite their classmates and friends to participate in weekly group 1.5 hour tutorials. Tutorials only run with 3-4 students (no more, no less).
3 students: $30/hr per student for 1.5 hours ($450 for 10 tutorials /term or $90 /fortnight)
4 students: $25/hr per student for 1.5 hours ($375 for 10 tutorials /term or $75 /fortnight)
Alternatively, private sessions are available at a higher cost. I offer the same service and resources but in an 1-on-1 setting. Students are able to receive a more personalised approach this way.
Weekly 1-on-1 sessions for Year 11 subjects (Preliminary) are fixed at $60/hr
Weekly 1-on-1 sessions for Year 12 HSC subjects are fixed at $70/hr
University Science Tutoring
Tutorials for Sydney Uni science courses are:
- $70/hr for weekly/fortnightly tutorials.
- $80/hr for casual sessions.
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 16-Dec-2021 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 30-Sep-2018 (updated profile on 22-Oct-2019)