Tutors, educators, therapists & therapy assistants
Sunshine Coast tutor in Anatomy, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Creative Writing, Engineering, English, ESL, Essay Writing, Health Studies, History, Journalism, Legal Studies, Maths, Physical Education, Physics, Psychology, Society and Culture, Special Needs, Study Skills, Occupational Therapy Tutoring
Service areasMobile tutoring covering all of the south Sunshine Coast
(4 student reviews)
Please view our website for details and testimonials:
1. School readiness & prep support
2. Primary - all subjects
3. Secondary - English, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Physics, Legal Studies, History, Society & Culture, Business Studies
4. University - General study skills, essay writing, psychology, clinical anatomy
5. Specialised tutoring - ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Learning Delays, Intellectual Disability
6. Occupational therapy - Early intervention (birth-7), handwriting, executive functioning, organisation, self regulation (7-18)
7. Assessment service - Special Provisions
- Building CONFIDENCE, organisation and time management skills
- Learning core academic and STUDY SKILLS
- Empathy & COLLABORATION from an experienced teacher or student with shared experiences - Support from our manager/occupational therapist where needed
- TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE to support students to master their subject areas and become effective learners
- An INDIVIDUALISED approach to teaching and mentoring based on the specific needs of every person
- EMPOWERING students with the skills they need to become independent, effective learners
How does it work:
1. Assessment - of strengths & weaknesses, feedback on key learning needs & set collaborative goals to help you or your child achieve academic improvement.
2. Instruction - personalised support catered to your specific learning style and needs, using a range of resources.
3. Ongoing monitoring - Progress measured through goal attainment, teacher and parent feedback and assessments.
4. Feedback - after every lesson verbally or via email (as preferred).
Jessica Robinson, the founder of Thrive Learning & Therapy, is a Senior Occupational therapist with over 12 years experience in tutoring and education, specialised in working with children with disabilities and learning difficulties. Jessica has an enduring passion for teaching and supporting individuals to achieve at their highest potential. She is committed to offering only the highest quality services and provides personalised training & mentoring to all her staff. She is committed to a thorough matching process to meet the unique learning style and needs of every person. She employs high quality tutors & therapy assistants that are selected, trained & mentored by her. Thrive learning offers both online and face to face services, with passionate educators that are sensitive to your learning needs. All our tutors are studying or have completed degrees in their tutor fields.
Member of the Australian Tutoring Association (ATA). Member of Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA).
All our educators are either currently studying or have studied university degrees. We also have tutors who excelled with their ATAR results and have a passion for supporting other students to thrive also.
Variable depending on grade and type of tutoring received.
Joined Tutor Finder on 13-Jun-2021 (updated profile on 03-Aug-2022)