Qualified English Teacher Offering Online & Private Tuition
Sydney tutor in Creative Writing, English, English Literature, Essay Writing, Reading
I travel to these locationsThe Hills District, North Shore, North West
(4 student reviews)
Hi there, my name is Tim and I have been a Secondary School teacher & tutor for the last 8 years since graduating from Sydney University.
I am passionate about education, learning and preparing my students for all levels of schooling. Beyond that, I also hope to pass on my enthusiasm for English.
Tuition and the study of English as a subject can help you achieve great things at school, and it will also teach you a vital life skill, critical thinking.
I am offering English tuition both privately (one-to-one) and in small groups for students of all grades including HSC English (Standard & Advanced).
Lessons are structured to develop your knowledge of key ideas, themes and concepts. We will work in conjunction with the syllabus and curriculum to build your confidence and keep you ahead at school.
*** UPDATED OFFERING ***
I am providing online lessons to assist with the continuity of learning in a safe environment. These are conducted in a manner that is just as engaging as face-to-face. I achieve this through:
- Clear Audio & Visuals using WebEx
- Sharing live documents via Google Docs
- Ongoing support via phone and email between scheduled lessons
In addition, I am also offering the following online services - please contact me for specific pricing
- Essay marking & feedback
- Assistance with assessment tasks
What you will learn:
- How to analyse your texts
- How to write a sophisticated, well-structured and integrated essay
- Critical thinking skills
- Exam techniques
In addition, you will have access to:
- Structured lesson sequences designed to keep you ahead at school
- Regular feedback
- Additional support outside of class hours
- Exam preparation
- Castle Hill (7 Anella Avenue, Castle Hill)
- Currently offering discounted rates (please contact for more information)
- Please contact me as slots are almost full
- I provide free assessments for new students to assist in developing individualised lesson plans which will target specific needs. Please contact me to organise a time.
M: 0415 631 973 (Feel free to call or text)
WWCC: WWC1253255E (Valid till February 2022)
Having worked as a Secondary School teacher for the last 8 years has given me the capacity to communicate complex concepts with clarity and help develop student understanding and passion for English as a subject.
During this time I have worked with students to build their confidence and ultimately achieve results they didn't think possible. To achieve this I approach the syllabus systematically, carefully explaining each concept and checking for understanding through practice and repetition.
Secondary School Teacher:
I have worked as a Secondary School Teacher for 8 years.
During this time I have taught:
- Mainstream classes
- Selective School classes
- GAT Classes
Tertiary - Sydney University:
Bachelor of Arts (English/History)
Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
Secondary - Normanhurst Boys High School
Primary - Beecroft Primary School
$75 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 16-Apr-2019 (updated profile on 31-Mar-2020)