- ATAR 99.90. UNSW MEDICINE. RANKS 1st for CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS, ENGLISH
Sydney tutor in Chemistry, English, Medical Interviews, Physics
Hi! My name is Vinuja and I am the principal tutor at Elevate HSC!
I am currently studying Medicine at UNSW and graduated from Baulkham Hills High School in 2017 where I ranked:
- 1st place in Chemistry (96 HSC)
- 1st place in Physics AND (95 HSC)
- 1st place in English (97 HSC)
In my HSC I achieved an ATAR of 99.90 and have since had FOUR years of ongoing tutoring experience.
In that time I have tutored all of the subjects above.
My lessons are structured around a simple principle of study that works for HSC study. That is:
1. A thorough exploration of theory content AND
2. Fine-tuning exam technique with plenty of practice questions
Whilst many students are able to do task 1 with a bit of help, many struggle greatly with number 2 and require some guidance to fulfil their potential here.
As such, I place great emphasis on analysing the following when working through practice questions:
- NESA Directive terms
- Breaking down ‘parts’ of the question
- Mark value and possible mark allocations
- How to exhaustively answer the question
- As I progress through medical school and enter the twilight years in tutoring, I've realised that I want to reach as many students as possible and make my classes as accessible as possible in a bid to give back! In addition to everything I've learnt about being a tutor, I have accumulated so many great resources over my four years of tutoring and want to get them out to as many people as I can. So, I have decided to open small cosy group classes and really drop my hourly rate!
- was $90/hr
- now $45/hr
Contact me on 0435561609 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries!
I have 4 years of private tutoring experience now since graduating from Baulkham Hills High School in 2017 and have tutored over 100 students primarily in Year 11 and 12, specialising in the NEW HSC syllabus for Chemistry and Physics.
My students have come from schools such as Baulkham Hills High, James Ruse, Sydney Boys, North Sydney Boys, Oakhill College, Cherrybrook Technology etc.
Over this time, I have taught students in a 1-on-1 setting as well as small (4-5) and large groups (>20 students) and find myself flexible enough to accommodate for the different environments with students of varying calibre.
I currently study Medicine at UNSW. Prior to this, I graduated from Baulkham Hills High School
with an ATAR of 99.90 and the following results:
- Chemistry: 1st place at Baulkham Hills High and a HSC result of 96
- Physics: 1st place at Baulkham Hills High and a HSC result of 95
- English: 1st place at Baulkham Hills High and a HSC result of 97
- 3u Maths: HSC result of 99
- 4u Maths: HSC result of 96
- Offered various scholarships including the prestigious Sydney Scholars Program at USYD
Group classes at $40/hr!
Joined Tutor Finder on 24-Jun-2019 (updated profile on 26-Sep-2021)