9+ Years Experience in Improving Results of 150+ students
Sydney tutor in Further Maths, Maths, Maths Methods, Calculus, Statistics
I travel to these locationsNorthern Suburbs, CBD
***Two Spots Left - Don't miss out!!!***
Hey everyone, I am Yongzhen. I am offering tuition for several Mathematics subjects. I will briefly introduce myself:
- In 2011 I graduated from Sydney Secondary College - Blackwattle Bay Campus.
- I have achieved E4s for both Extension 1 (96) and Extension 2 Maths (92), and I was first internally for Extension 1 Maths.
- I have graduated with a double degree in B Engineering (Petroleum Engineering)/B Science (Mathematics, Statistics).
Subjects Offered - only year 10 upwards:
- Year 10: Mathematics (all levels);
- Year 11: Standard Mathematics (2 Unit), Advanced Mathematics (2 Unit), Mathematics Extension 1 (3 Unit);
- Year 12: Standard Mathematics (2 Unit), Advanced Mathematics (2 Unit), Mathematics Extension 1 (3 Unit) and Mathematics Extension 2 (4 Unit);
- $100 for 2 hours (one on one)
Group Tutoring (Highly Recommended):
- $70 for 2 hours (two on one)
- $50 for 2 hours (three-four on one)
Why should you choose me as a tutor?:
- 9+ years of tutoring experience with around 150 students in total. This allowed me to gain experience with different students and better understanding their needs, as well as their difficulties;
- All of my students have seen vast improvement to their results, with many of them getting band 6s/E4s in their subjects;
- In the HSC class of 2019, more than half of the students received a band 6 or E4 for their subjects, and everyone achieved at least a band 5. Everyone also achieved a score they wanted, allowing them to get into the course of their choice.
- For HSC 2019, All Mathematics Extension 2 Students scored above 90, with the average being 92.
- I tailor my teaching style to your needs, whether if I teach you something, help you with homework, give you past exams, work on with exams, maximising exam marks, etc;
- I teach students concepts and easy ways of learning material and applying it to different questions.
- In addition to tutoring mathematics, I can give insights on university courses, university related help, applying for jobs, resume help, finding work (all on top of tutoring for no extra fee);
- For the new syllabus, since I have a Mathematics and Statistics major, I am knowledgeable of the content involved and I am ready to teach it. This is important because you will NEED a tutor who knows their content and can explain it well.
- I will even take time out of my holidays to help you understand the concepts and answer all the questions you need.
- I am also proficient in Microsoft Excel (as I use it frequently for my day job), so I can teach you how to use it to the best of your ability.
- I am based around the Eastwood area, but I can drive to your place if it's nearby. This means I can tutor at Epping, Ryde, North Ryde, Carlingford, Dundas;
- Location is also negotiable, provided it is easily accessible by train and near to a train station.
- I also offer online tutoring, which can be done through Google Hangouts and/or Skype/Teamviewer/Zoom/Bluejeans. That way, convenient for you if you live far away or you are overseas or out of Sydney.
- Please feel free to message me for more detail about certain timeslots.
- Skype/Google Hangouts: negotiable.
Please message me (0466439820) or email me at email@example.com for more information.
WeChat, Telegram or other messaging apps can be given by request.
- 10 years of tutoring experience with 150+ students in total;
- Previous students gained an improvement of their test results up to 50%;
- Have previously taught at Target Coaching College and The Campsie Academy for 5 years;
- Top Students have scores of 97 in HSC Mathematics, 98 and 99 in HSC Extension 1 Mathematics, and 98 and 96 in HSC Extension 2 Mathematics.
- Tutored students from a large range of schools, ranging from selective, comprehensive and private schools.
Recent results: My Year 12 cohort of HSC 2019 obtained:
Mathematics (2U): Band 6 - all 2/2 students obtained band 6
Mathematics Extension 1: E4 - 3/4 students obtained E4
Mathematics Extension 2: E4 - all 3/3 students obtained E4
Higher School Certificate 2011:
- 96 in Mathematics Extension 1
- 92 in Mathematics Extension 2
- B Engineering (Honours 2-1)/B Science (Mathematics, Statistics)
- New Colombo Plan Scholar Recipient
- Currently working in a Big 4 firm serving lots of different clients, and can help leverage my knowledge to help you find your desired career path.
2 hours one on one:
- $100 for 2 hours
Group tutoring (Recommended):
- 2 Students - $70 per person (for 2 hour lesson)
- 3+ Students - $50 per person (for 2 hour lesson)
Rates for group tutoring can also be negotiated, so feel free to contact me.
Special Offer - Free online help, concepts help, extra time.
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 16-Oct-2023 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 14-Apr-2017 (updated profile on 28-Oct-2020)