Melbourne Tutor in Algebra, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Creative Writing, English
, ESL, Essay Writing, General Science, Maths, Maths Methods,... (see below for full list of subjects and levels)
I am a 2017 graduate from the Selected Entry Accelerated Learning Program at Balwyn High School. I completed 8 VCE subjects, and a University Extension subject (Monash Biomedical Science), over a course of 3 years. I graduated with a 99.10 ATAR, and have been accepted into the Scholars Program for Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons)/Master of Pharmacy at Monash University.
I am offering tutoring for the following subjects:
- English Language 3/4 (raw 45, 93% SAC average) **not mainstream English
- Further Mathematics (raw 48, 94% SAC average)
- Biology 3/4 (raw 42)
- Chemistry (raw 41)
- Primary school & Year 7-9 Maths, English, Science
I can also offer extra help (but not focus on):
- Psychology 3/4 (raw 46, 93% SAC average + subject dux)
Having completed English Language in Year 11, I have dedicated a much larger amount of time into this subject. My strength is in essay-writing (scored 48/50 for both essay SACs), and I am able to guide you on how to use appropriate metalanguage, structures and ideas. I have also drafted and edited essays on various topics, and will provide a comprehensive list of metalanguage and other notes.
I obtained my highest score in this subject, with a 100% mark on Exam 1. I will be able to teach all modules, and provide practice questions and exams.
I also completed this subject as a Year 11 student, and thoroughly enjoyed this subject. I have also completed the Biomedical Science extension program at Monash University, so I have a much deeper and thorough understanding of the concepts required for VCE.
Psychology: I completed this subject as a Year 10 student, and received the school's subject award for the highest SAC marks. I will be able to provide a comprehensive set of notes that was written for the end-of-year exam, and will ensure that all key terms and definitions are covered.
Primary school + Year 7-9 maths:
I have completed all 3 VCE maths subjects, as well as obtained various High Distinctions for ICAS maths competitions and a Prize Certificate (top 0.3%) for the Australian Maths Challenge, therefore I have an excellent grasp of many areas in mathematics.
I will tutor at Doncaster Library (Saturdays) and Box Hill Library (Wed-Fri).
My rate is $35/hr for 1 person; this is including ALL learning materials and notes.
Discounts will be given for group lessons.
- Will be structured based on what each student needs
- Definitely can be adapted to suit individual strengths and weaknesses
- Key concepts will be thoroughly explained, with a quick recap at the beginning of each lesson
- Will include a hardcopy of weekly notes
- Extra material can be provided upon request outside of lessons:
- Any questions can be sent via email
- Learning resources can be made to cater each students' needs
I am also willing to provide help with Math Methods, EAL, Specialist Maths, and Chinese, but these will not be my main focuses.
If interested, please shoot me a text or an email :)
- Algebra - Primary, Secondary
- Biology - Primary, Secondary
- Calculus - Primary, Secondary
- Chemistry - Secondary
- Creative Writing - Primary
- English - Primary, Secondary
- ESL - Primary, Secondary
- Essay Writing - Primary, Secondary
- General Science - Primary, Secondary
- Maths - Primary, Secondary
- Maths Methods - Primary
- Psychology - Secondary
- Reading - Primary
- Special Needs - Primary
Doncaster Library, Box Hill Library
English as an Additional Language: For the past 2 years, I have been an active mentor (volunteer) for EAL. I help students by correcting essays, providing feedback, and teaching essay-related content such as structure, vocabulary and grammar. I am also able to use Chinese for Chinese-speaking EAL students, but will mainly use English.
- VCE certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
- Teaching Tuition
$35 per hour
$50 per 1.5 hours
$60 per 2 hours
Profile last updated on 11-Feb-2018 (registered 17-Jan-2018)