Geelong tutor in Maths, Calculus, Physics, Engineering, Industrial Technology, Statistics, Engineer, Teacher, Computing,... (and more)
The 5 keywords to describe me are bright, gracious, energetic, persistence and discipline. My commitment as a tutor for my students is: - To help their problem solving skills
- To improve their self confidence
- To inspire their future career
I have over ten years’ experience as an educator for a range of students in a reputable university. My students came from various backgrounds, including local and international students as well as the young adults and mature age students. In my teaching, I was awarded with certificates of achievement by the Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor of Learning and Teaching. My achievements reflect my strong capabilities in developing and delivering learning programs as well as abilities to relate well with students.
I am interested in becoming a private tutor, because my strength as a teacher is my ability to coach students individually. I have well-developed observation and listening skills, and therefore I can communicate theoretical concepts according to a student's level and way of thinking.
I believe the most important thing a tutor can do for students is to inspire them on the joy of learning. Students should not just learn for getting good grades, but have a keen interest to learn for life. Learning never stops.
I had taught for more than 10 years in a university setting. As an educator, my responsibilities include:
- Deliver teaching programs for various subjects in engineering including maths for year 12 VCE.
- Facilitate students' learning using inquiry based learning program.
- Coach students to develop transferable skills in project based learning.
- Develop weekly learning plan, tutorial resources and lecture notes.
I have the following qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) from RMIT University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace) & Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation) from RMIT University (Graduated with 1st class honours)
- Master of Education from RMIT University (focused on learning theory and curriculum design)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering from RMIT University
My current study in the Certificate IV for Education Support has equipped me to support students that have disabilities, such as Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Autism, Down Syndrome and ADHD.
I also have a valid Working With Children Check.
- The rate shown is the hourly rate for 1 On 1 tutorial, but my rate for group tutorial is ranging between $33 to $66 per hour depending on the no. of students and duration per session.
- In my opinion, group tutorial is always encouraged as research has shown the additional benefits of learning in a group setting.
- Please contact me for a 1 hour FREE assessment session to check your child's current abilities and my suitability as his/her tutor.
Special Offer - 25% discount for the first 4 sessions and 10% referral bonus at all times
Joined TutorFinder on 15-Jun-2016 (updated profile on 02-May-2017)