Experienced English teacher
Ballarat tutor in English, ESL, Special Needs, Reading, Essay Writing, Creative Writing, English Literature
I travel to these locationsAll suburbs
I am someone who:
- Is passionate about my full-time teaching role as an English and Humanities teacher and proud of my added role as Literacy Support.
- Can break down highly complex ideas to an appropriate level to build upon a student's understanding.
- Has the ability to improve how information is gained and expressed through the use of a number of teachable, specific skills that can be adapted to fit any topic or purpose.
- Will happily respond to email or phone requests promptly, including breaking down rubrics or instructions so my students can work independently.
- Charges no fees to proofread assignments outside of face to face mentoring time. (I do request they be sent to me two days before the due date; this allows me a day to prepare feedback and a day for the student to make any changes they feel are beneficial.)
- Can speak to teachers to help gain clarification of any issue that seems confusing or contentious.
- Currently teach VCE and have recently taught VCAL; I am familiar with both study designs for English and EAL.
- Understands low confidence and can help build self-esteem up again.
If, at this point, you are interested in learning more, I prefer to meet with prospective students and/or guardians to discuss history, expectations, and goals. This meeting costs nothing and ensures we're all happy to work as a team.
I have worked for a number of years as a tutor as well as a secondary teacher. I have additional qualifications in the field of disability and wellbeing. References available upon request.
Bachelor of Education (Secondary), Bachelor of Arts, extensive professional development particularly in the field of functional grammar.
$75 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 03-Apr-2017 (updated profile on 24-Jan-2019)