Linguistics and Philosophy Honours Graduate
Perth tutor in ESL, Essay Writing, Philosophy, Reading, Linguistics
Hello! My name is Ben.
As a tutor, I can offer any of the following:
- The clarification of topics and concepts in linguistics. (Including: phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics/pragmatics and sociolinguistics.)
- The clarification of topics and concepts in philosophy. (Including: ethics, metaphysics, epistemology, philosophy of language, formal logic, philosophy of mind)
- Assistance with learning English as a second language. I can help with English vocabulary, grammar, literacy, expression, and comprehension.
- Strategies for clear, concise and structured essay writing.
- Methods to form and articulate strong arguments.
- Proofreading and editing of written documents (academic or otherwise).
- Tips to help you plan and prepare for upcoming assessments.
Tutoring sessions occur at a public library (or online) and are available daily from 9am to 5pm. Lessons are flexible, and can be tailored to suit your needs. Drop me an email if you'd like to meet :]
I am new to tutoring, and welcome any feedback.
Recently, I completed a bachelor of arts from UWA, with 1st class honours in philosophy. My second major was in linguistics, and I've since had working experience as a linguist. Currently, I am a graduate student in philosophy and human rights. I will soon begin working towards a PhD in ethics and the philosophy of language.
$35 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 30-Jan-2019 (updated profile on 24-Mar-2019)