PhD qualified Physics teacher with 10 years experience
Sydney tutor in Physics
(4 student reviews)
Fathoming Physics offers expert HSC, preliminary and physics olympiad tuition with Dr. Tammy Humphrey, an experienced PhD. qualified teacher. Lessons include all practicals required by the syllabus, extensive notes, structured revision as well as a high level of individual attention.
Students attending Fathoming Physics classes:Learn the complete physics syllabus.
Fathoming Physics is the only tuition provider in Sydney in which not just the theory, but also the practicals required by the syllabus are integrated into lessons. Numerous demonstrations and other hands-
on activities increase student understanding and enjoyment of lessons, and prepare students for both theory and practical assessment tasks at school. Enjoy personal attention.
I genuinely care about all my students and am available to answer individual questions and assist with advice about assessment tasks before and after class, as well as by email. Feel less stressed, with structured, integrated revision.
Each lesson's work is revised in class quizzes with exam-style questions at intervals of 1 week, 1 month, 1 term and 2 terms. Students also complete a weekly online multiple choice homework assignment which revises the material in the same sequence. This kind of revision allows students' understanding to develop and strengthen throughout the year. I guarantee that if you attend Fathoming Physics classes you will not need to cram before your physics exams!Year 12 classes
- Year 12 classes run on Mondays and Tuesdays 5:15-7:15pm. Enrolment is now closed for 2018 year 12 classes.Year 11 classes
- Year 11 run on Saturday afternoons 4-6pm. In term 3 2018 we will be covering the third topic "Electricity and Magnetism" and revising the first three modules to prepare for the year 11 yearly exams. Physics olympiad classes
- Most material for the August Physics Olympiad selection exam is covered in the year 11 classes.
- Some holiday intensives to cover additional material to prepare for the olympiad exam are usually held throughout the year.
- For students attending the end of year selection camp I also offer lessons to cover the international physics olympiad syllabus. Please contact me to discuss availability.Results
Previous Fathoming Physics students have come 1st in HSC physics at selective schools and private schools, achieved ATARs of 99.95, and represented Australia at the Asian and International Physics olympiads. Please visit www.fathomingphysics.nsw.edu.au for more detailed information on the structure of classes and to enrol.Contact information:
The best way to contact me is via direct email to email@example.com or by phoning (04) 7364 5857. Please leave a message if you don't catch me (I have a 2 year old and two older children so am sometimes unable to answer the phone) and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I work full time as a physics teacher at James Ruse Agricultural High School.
Before teaching, I worked in physics research in Australia, as well as in the
U.S. and Europe. My last academic appointment was as a Marie Curie
Incoming International fellow at the University of Geneva. Since gaining my Dip. Ed.
in 2008 I have been teaching preliminary and HSC physics and preparing students
for the physics Olympiad.
I am a qualified secondary science teacher (Grad. Dip. Ed. from Macquarie University,
2007/8) and have a PhD and a 1st class honours degree in physics from the University
of New South Wales.
$80 (inc GST) per 2hr class.
Special Offer - First lesson free.
Joined Tutor Finder on 30-Jul-2009 (updated profile on 20-Jul-2018)