Melbourne tutor in Algebra, Calculus, Computing, GAMSAT, Greek, Maths, Maths Methods, Physics, Ancient Greek, LaTeX, Python,... (and more)
I am a currently completing a PhD in theoretical particle physics at the University of Melbourne. I have a Master's degree in the same subject and as an undergraduate I specialised in mathematical physics, neuroscience and ancient languages (Greek, Latin and Sanskrit).
I have been tutoring privately for eight years now and have both one-on-one and classroom experience. I teach at the University of Melbourne as a tutor and laboratory demonstrator for undergraduate physics students, and have taught Modern and Ancient Greek at the Centre for Adult Education (CAE).
My experience teaching a wide range of subjects has taught me how best to explain difficult concepts to students in a clear and understandable way. I am very passionate about the subjects that I teach, and I hope to pass that passion to you!
I currently provide tutoring for the following subjects
PHYSICS AND MATH:
- Physics: VCE, quantum mechanics, relativity, electromagnetism
- Mathematics: VCE (specialist mathematics, mathematical methods), calculus, linear algebra
- Modern Greek: VCE, adult second language learning
- Ancient Greek: Homer, Koine and New Testament Greek (get in touch if you're interested in experimenting with an immersive method), 5th century Athenian Greek
* Computer language courses can be run over a few weeks *
- C: Introductory scientific computation
- Python: Python core + Numpy, Scipy, Sympy
- Mathematica: Symbolic and functional programming
- LaTeX: Professional typesetting language for theses and academic journal articles (I also offer to typeset documents in LaTeX with a case-specific charge)
- GAMSAT: physics component
I only see students at the University of Melbourne.
- Eight years private tutoring in mathematics, sciences and languages;
- Four years teaching experiences at the University of Melbourne and the Centre for Adult Education.
- Bachelor of Science (specialisations: mathematical physics, neuroscience, ancient
- Master of Science (theoretical particle physics);
- Currently completing a PhD in particle physics.
Tuition rates vary per subject on a case-by-case basis.
Joined TutorFinder on 20-Aug-2012 (updated profile on 02-Dec-2017)