Experienced High School English Teacher
Sydney tutor in Creative Writing, English, English Literature, Essay Writing
I travel to these locationsAustral, Hoxton Park, Prestons, Carnes Hill, Denham Court
(2 student reviews)
HSC English Teacher providing 1 on 1, expert tutoring in short answer, essay writing, creative writing, persuasive writing, discursive writing and reflective writing.
Personalised assessment of student understanding of English course requirements also allows gaps in student knowledge to be addressed quickly and effectively.
Help with textual analysis on specific texts being studied by students. Texts currently/previously taught include:
- Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell (Common Module)
- Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare (Common Module)
- Tempest by William Shakespeare and Hagseed by Margaret Atwood (Module A: Textual Conversations)
- Ariel by Sylvia Plath and Birthday Letters by Ted Hughes (Module A: Textual Conversations)
- Selected Poems by T. S. Eliot (Module B: Critical Study of Literature)
- Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro (Module B: Critical Study of Literature)
- Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka (Module C: The Craft of Writing)
- Politics and the English Language by George Orwell (Module C: The Craft of Writing)
- NOTE: Any other prescribed text for the English courses are also supported.
I have been teaching Secondary English since 2015 in both public and independent schools. I specialise in Essay Writing and provide a 1 on 1 premium service.
2013-2014: Master of Teaching (Secondary), University of New England
2011-2014: Master of Arts in (TESOL), University of Technology, Sydney
2012-2013: Master of Arts in English Literature, Macquarie University
2010-2011: Graduate Certificate of Arts (English), University of Sydney
2007-2010: Bachelor of Business with Credit, University of Technology, Sydney
$80 per hour
Special Offer - 2 hour blocks for $140 (perfect for siblings)
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 27-Aug-2023 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 22-Jul-2019 (updated profile on 20-Mar-2022)