Effective Communication skills for all situations
Sydney tutor in Communication, EAL, English, ESL, Essay Writing, Reading, Effective Oral Presentations for Business, Events,
University and School,
Public Speaking, Poetry & Prose
Eisteddfods/Competitions, Debating, Speech
writing skills, Persuasive writing skills,
Drafting effective Resumes and Job Application
Interview skills, Effective Power-point presentations,
Confidence building skills
I travel to these locationsONLINE only at this time through Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc
(3 student reviews)
DURING COVID-19, learn with face to face live online interactive video so you can SEE and UNDERSTAND your tutor just like you were sitting right next to them.
PRESENTATIONS FOR BUSINESS, SOCIAL EVENTS, UNI & SCHOOL ASSESSMENTS/COMPETITIONS:
Presentations can take many forms, from a one-on-one presentation, to a small meeting presentation, to a boardroom presentation and to a large audience presentation.
Presentation skills are important in allowing you to be perceived as articulate and competent through how you plan and deliver your presentations.
Every time you present to someone it forms an impression, giving you the potential for winning them over or losing them. If you maximise the number of positive impressions you leave when you present, it will give you an edge in getting others to act and in producing the outcomes you desire, whether to inform, persuade or entertain.
I aim to coach you in how to:
• handle presentation fears and nerves;
• understand your audience;
• engage and interest an audience to listen;
• choose, plan and structure your content;
• handle questions;
• make a memorable impression;
• use Powerpoint where beneficial;
• handle the online or physical environment;
• prepare and rehearse.
EAL & ESL Students:
For EAL and ESL students, I devise lesson plans according to your individual needs and learning style. I am patient and I aim to keep you motivated, as I understand the challenges of learning another language.
Being a native English speaker with training in phonetics, how accurate speech sounds are formed, correct pronunciation, grammar and pitch/intonation for communicating meaning, I can assist you to achieve increased confidence with every day communication for work, socialising, study, business presentations and oral assessments.
Additionally, poor writing skills can lead to the message being misunderstood, changing meaning and context. The reader may feel frustrated due to the inability of the writer to convey content accurately and concisely. I am able to assist with written work to help with correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and logical flow of ideas.
SPEECH EISTEDDFODS, PUBLIC SPEAKING & DEBATING:
I am able to assist with preparation for poetry, prose and reading sections in Eisteddfods, impromptu and prepared public speaking competitions.
I teach students the skills to leave a positive and memorable impression.
I focus on clarity of speech, facial expression, correct pitch, pause, pace and volume. I teach appropriate body language and stage presence, according to the requirements of the situation.
I am able to assist Debating students with refining content and their manner of debating.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK:
I have a current working with children check.
FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME with any queries you may have or email me your contact details and I am happy to call you back to discuss any communication needs you may have!
• Assisting adults in confidence building, correct pronunciation, speech preparation and presentations for work, university, weddings, birthdays, christenings and other occasions
• Assisting with persuasive business presentations
• Assisting with effective content for powerpoint presentations
• Assisting with resumes and job interview preparation
• Proofreading written work, checking spelling, grammar, punctuation and logical flow of ideas
• Assisting in persuasive writing skills for work, business and school
• Tutoring primary & high school students in confidence building, correct pronunciation, assisting with preparation for prepared speeches, oral assessments, impromptu speeches, poetry and prose recitals, competitions & eisteddfods
• Practised as an Employment & Industrial Relations Lawyer and used communication skills to successfully represent clients in verbal and written communication
• Was a Legal workshops presenter in Employment & Industrial Relations Law seminars
• Gave School presentations to years 8-11 high school debating students on "manner" in debating
Qualifications and results:
• Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws degrees BEc/LLB (University of Sydney)
• AMEB Certificate in Voice and Communication, Australia (CVCA), awarded with A+ High Distinction
• AMEB 8th Grade Voice and Communication, awarded with A+ High Distinction
• AMEB 7th Grade Voice and Communication, awarded with A+ High Distinction
• AMEB 1st to 7th Grades Speech & Drama, practical & written exams, awarded with Honours and A+ High Distinction
• State Award for outstanding performance in AMEB 4th Grade Speech & Drama practical & written exams
• Competed in Speech Eisteddfods including memorised poetry, prose and reading sections:
1st Place in 9 competitions; 2nd Place in 2 competitions; 3rd Place in 1 competition
• Received Yvonne Duffy Speech Award for Excellence
• Toastmasters Evaluation Contest Winner
• AMEP (Adult Migrant English Program) Tutor
• Statement of Attainment in Business Presentations
• Statement of Attainment Create a Brand Presentation
• Won trip to Japan in International Essay Competition
$60 per hour
Joined Tutor Finder on 30-Apr-2019 (updated profile on 22-Sep-2020)