Those Who Teach Learn
NSW Central West tutor in Creative Writing, English, English Literature, ESL, Essay Writing, History, Legal Studies, Politics, Reading, Society and Culture
As an Educator giving each and every student personal attention is integral to the learning process.
Through a friendly and relaxed atmosphere I tutor in a way which customises each and every tutorial to suit the specific needs of each and every student.
With this sentiment in mind I submit the following application in order to make a meaningful and lasting contribution via Tutor Finder.
This personable approach is not only designed to professionally cater for the learning experience of any student but also to strictly accord with the syllabus and curricula as outlined by the Board of Studies.
Over the past 20 years I have found this methodology to be the most effective and appropriate when it comes to working on areas of knowledge which require particular focus. This approach is naturally guided by comments made by the classroom teacher where certain weaknesses have been identified.
I have found that a mentoring role stimulates the student's mind thereby boosting levels of morale and motivation by establishing rapport especially where confidence is somewhat lacking.
This combined role of mentor and tutor reinforces not only the level of knowledge required but also enhances an ability on the part of the student to retain and recall such information and apply it with relevance to any given assignment, assessment, task, exercise or activity.
My ultimate objective is to foster learning as a lifelong endeavour.
Over a period of 20 years I have tutored students from a diverse range of educational institutions, backgrounds, and levels of proficiency. Whilst nonetheless challenging not only have the results achieved been extremely satisfying and rewarding the role of an Educator is by far the most inspirational form of work I have ever experienced.
I don't just have a passion for tutoring, I Love It. It gives me an invaluable opportunity to impart knowledge onto eager young minds for the betterment of society and the future.
My experience covers the last two decades 1993-2017 and covers the transition from the Tertiary Entrance Rank, to the Universities Admission Index and now the Australia Tertiary Admission Rank.
Syllabus/Curriculum; Competencies :
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Fundamentals of English ( Students will be helped with addressing the outcomes and objectives of the NSW English syllabus through an analysis of texts )
(HSIE ) - Human Society and It's Environment:
- Legal Studies(Bachelor of Laws, LL.B)
- Modern History(Bachelor of Arts, BA), As essay writing is key to Modern History the improvement of essay structure is a core focus. This approach involves looking at Historiography ( the views of historian ), together with the evaluation and interpretation of sources whilst always questioning and thinking independently about history. - Geography - Society and Culture and Civics and Citizenship(Master of Politics and Public Policy)
In addition to covering specific subject matter I also provide holistic assistance when it comes to the following :
- Study Skills
- Time Management - Creative Writing Skills
- Essay Writing Techniques
- Exam Preparation - Selective School Exam Preparation
- Opportunity Class Exam Preparation
Such an interdisciplinary approach allows students to see how the accumulation of their knowledge interrelates and does not happen in isolation devoid of context.
The below overview of schools relates exclusively to my capacity as a tutor and does not include my work outside tutoring whereby I have been employed in both the private and public sectors.
My motto as an Educator is to :
"Enjoy a fun, exciting, insightful and adventurous approach to the life long journey of learning."
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to read my application and the list of schools provided. My availability is flexible depending upon the specific needs of any given student.
I would warmly welcome the opportunity to assist any prospective students via Tutor Finder in the near future and I look forward to hearing from you so that we can enhance areas of your studies which require improvement.
Mobile 0417 688 836
Students I have tutored over the past two decades include pupils from the
following Public, Private, Independent and Selective Schools :
- James Ruse Agricultural High School(Public - Selective)
- Barker College (Independent School)
- Asquith Girls High School
- Cheltenham Girls High School
- Abbotsleigh School for Girls
- Hornsby Girls' High School (Public - Selective)
- Saint Leo's Catholic College
- Saint Ignatius' College (Riverview)
- Saint. Aloysius' College
- Normanhurst Boys' High School (Public - Selective)
- Loreto - (Normanhurst and Kirribilli)
- Ravenswood School for Girls (Independent)
- Pymble Ladies College (Independent)
- Mount Saint Benedict College (Independent School)
- Killara High School (Public)
- Roseville College (An Anglican School for Girls)
- Turramurra High School (Public)
- The King's School (Parramatta)
- Knox Grammar School (Independent)
Normanhurst Boys High School
Higher School Certificate
BA � Bachelor of Arts
LLB � Bachelor of Laws
MPPP � Master of Politics and Public Policy
This rate varies subject to primary, secondary and tertiary levels and how intensive particular study structures are required for each individual student.
Joined Tutor Finder on 07-Apr-2016 (updated profile on 01-May-2020)