Melbourne tutor in Chemistry, Maths, Maths Methods, Calculus, Statistics, Algebra, Mandarin, Biochemistry
I travel to these locationsCBD, Essendon, GlenWaverley, BoxHill, All Melbourn
(3 student reviews)
I am a qualified teacher and I have more than 15 years teaching experience in providing one on one and group tutoring. I specialise in:
- VCE Unit 1-4 Maths Methods
- VCE Unit 1-4 Specialist Maths
- VCE Unit 1-4 Further Maths
- VCE Unit 1-4 Chemistry
- IB chemistry
- IB Maths
- Edutest/ACER Maths and Numeric Reasoning
- Year 7 to 10 Maths
- Primary School Maths
- Mandarin Chinese
I understand that every student is different and the importance of being able to cater your individual needs to enable you to excel in your studies. I greatly enjoy and am very passionate about my teaching. I am a patient individual who will help you manage your work load, teach you subject material and prepare you for SACs so you will always be ready in class. Furthermore, I will provide you a variety of tailor made notes, worksheets and exercises to ensure concepts are understood thoroughly. I will show you how to avoid common mistakes to ensure you perform amazingly on all assessment tasks. I will mentor you for success. In addition to my experience as a tutor, my career as a teacher and research scientist has also meant that I have a extensive practical experience in the subjects I tutor. I aim to develop you to become better independent thinkers to truly enjoy learning and in conjunction with my guidance and support, enable you to not only achieve your goals but to go above and beyond.
Classes can be conducted in either English or Mandarin depending on your preference.
With my help, my past students have excelled in their studies. Including students who have received:
VCE Mathematical Methods 50 (50.2)
VCE Specialist Mathematics 49 (54.9)
VCE Further Mathematics 50
VCE Chemistry 45 (47)
Recipient of school Mathematics award at Victoria's leading high school, Premier's VCE Award and Australian Student Prize.
If interested, please let me know your name, e-mail, your phone number, subject, grade level, preferred time and location.
Amongst extensive experience as a teacher and a tutor, I also hold a Ph.D. degree in
Biochemistry. I was a high school maths teacher before my Ph.D. I was a lecturer in
Chemistry at Jilin University. I have also worked for more than 15 years at prominent
institutions such as the Research School of Chemistry at Australian National University
and The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research. Currently, I hold a
position ( part time) at Monash University (Parkville campus). Through my experiences,
I have established a thorough knowledge of chemistry and mathematics. I have more
than 10 years tutoring experience providing one on one, small class and home visit tutoring.
Bachelor of Science
Master of Science
Ph.D. in Biochemistry
- One to one tutoring for long session: $70 per hour at my place in Parkville, State Library or Melbourne Uni library, At least $85 per hour for home visit depending on travel distance and year level.
- Group tutoring for VCE students: rates vary from $40/student/hour. $50/student/hour for the group of two, $45 for the group of three. $40 for the group of three or more. I can help organize groups. Students can also form groups themselves.
- Exact rates will depend on year level, subject, travel distance, number of students and duration. The rate for short session (one hour) is higher.
Joined Tutor Finder on 23-Dec-2014 (updated profile on 14-Jan-2020)