Personalised Tuition in English: Reading, Writing School + ESL
Brisbane tutor in Creative Writing, EAL, English, English Literature, ESL, Essay Writing, Geography, History, IELTS, PTE, Reading
I travel to these locationsWithin Ten Minutes travel time
(4 student reviews)
I teach English to school-age students (preschool to tertiary) and adults. My qualifications and experience include teaching grammar, reading comprehension, writing composition, early reading (phonemic), spelling, English literature, and EAL/D (ESL) skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking).
My teaching hours are: Tuesday to Saturday, before and after school, during the day, and during school holidays.
Please contact me by phone or email to discuss lessons.
Lessons are at my home where I have resources that facilitate learning and allow for flexible, personalised teaching. Zoom is also available.
Every one of my students is unique. I make it my business to identify individual learning styles, assess strengthens and weaknesses, and develop a responsive plan. By applying scientific, evidence-based practices, and plenty of encouragement and feedback, I help students to develop the skills and confidence necessary to communicate in English wherever their interests take them: at school, university, in the workplace, and in our communities.
I use language-rich texts and work with each student to instill a joy of daily reading and writing, speaking and listening.
I am a well-qualified, excellent teacher in both written and spoken English. My experience extends to teaching and talking with people whose first language is not English. This includes people from Japan, China, Taiwan, France, Germany, Spain, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Chile, Sudan, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Israel, Egypt - from all over the world!
My interests include: reading, writing, literature, history, dancing, walking, and ballet.
I enjoy being able to actively support anyone who seeks to learn at any stage in their life.
8 years home educator for primary and secondary students
20 years teaching small groups
Over 30 years one-on-one coaching in phonemic awareness
Over 40 years extensive international travel and experience with diverse cultures and languages
- Bachelor of Arts: Double Major in English Literature and History, plus additional courses including: Indigenous Studies, Linguistics, Communication, and Television Studies
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages - CELTA from Cambridge University
- Sounds-Write Certificate
- Currently studying LETRS course [https://dsf.net.au/our-services/workshops-and-events/letrs]
- Home educator for 8 years and practiced in various approaches to learning, including: The Well-Trained Mind, Charlotte Mason, Saxon Math, Robinson Self-teaching Curriculum [https://www.robinsoncurriculum.com/rc/homeschool-curriculum-excellence/]
One-on-one private lessons: $70 per hour
Lessons are at my home
- 10% discount for 10 private lessons paid in advance
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in Queensland until 25-Jul-2023 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 19-May-2017 (updated profile on 12-May-2022)