Mathematics Specialist *limited Class slots*
Sydney tutor in Algebra, Business Studies, Calculus, Further Maths, Maths, Maths Methods, Physics, Statistics
I travel to these locationsOpen teaching around Sydney Location
(5 student reviews)
Does this sound like your child?
- Has potential but just a bit lazy?
- Fallen behind at school so their current class makes no sense?
- Feels like the teachers no longer care for them anymore?
- Constantly procrastinating and has lack of motivation to complete assignments?
Hello, my name is Tony Nguyen and I am currently studying mathematics at University of New South Wales. I have been teaching for over 5 years and have extensive experience in teaching various students with diverse academic backgrounds. I have taught kids from prestigious schools such as The Kings School and Meriden as well as top selective schools such as Fort Street and Sydney Boys and also many local schools too.
Over my years of teaching, I’ve learnt that at any point, students may be unable to grasp important concepts in school which can lead them to fall behind, as they lack the basic foundation to build knowledge on. However, through effective mentoring and tutoring, I believe every student has the potential to improve, as we get them back on the right track while also aiming to accelerate their knowledge.
In my classes, I pride myself on creating a fun, open learning environment in which students enjoy learning the material and thus ignite their motivation to learn more. My teaching styles involves emphasizing to students, that “‘I’m not like your school teacher but I’m a tutor who believes that every student has the grand potential to excel when given the key ingredients”
In essence, what I do is adapt the complex language of mathematics into a relatable and easy to understand concept. Part of my services include:
- Free initial consultation where I will analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the student as well as tailor a course plan adapting to the student’s learning style and personality
- Provide them with a rich selection of notes combined with both materials I have found over the years as well as notes I have written myself
- Working with parents to achieve student's ambitions and goals by providing up to date notes on the student’s progress upon request
- An after class, easy to access communication between tutor and students via number and email.
For updated Photos of class, Check out https:, , www.instagram.com, thewellfedtutor, ?hl=en !
5 Years of tutoring experiences
- General Mathematics
- Advanced Mathematics
- Extension 1 Mathematics
- Extension 2 Mathematics
- Year 7 - 10 Mathematics
Working with Children Check (WWC)
B Science (mathematics)/ B Education (Secondary)- Current
Private at your home – from $80/h ( min 2 hour classes)
Private at my teaching studio - $ 60/h (min 1 hour classes)
*Teaching studio is located 5 minutes walk from Sefton Station
Class at my teaching studio - $50 per class (Class duration: 1.5 hours. Min students: 2 Max Students: 6)
Class spot Available in :
- Extension 2 Year 12
- Standard 2 (General) Mathematics
*feel free to shoot me a message in regards to these vacant spots*
Special Offer - Free Initial Consultation
Joined Tutor Finder on 05-Sep-2018 (updated profile on 26-Jun-2019)