Mathematics Specialist and Experienced Tutor (Online & In-person)
Gold Coast tutor in Algebra, Business Studies, Calculus, English, Further Maths, Maths, Maths Methods, Physics, Statistics
(10 student reviews)
Check My Facebook to learn more about Online Tutoring and if it's best for you! https://www.facebook.com/Theuncertifiedtutor
Does this sound like your child?
- Has potential but just a bit lazy?
- Fallen behind at school so their current class makes no sense?
- Feels like the teachers no longer care for them anymore?
- Constantly procrastinating and has lack of motivation to complete assignments?
Hello, my name is Tony Nguyen and I initially studied mathematics at University of New South Wales but have just recently transferred to Queensland to further my education. I have been teaching for over 8 years and have extensive experience in teaching various students with diverse academic backgrounds. I have taught kids from prestigious schools such as The Kings School and Meriden as well as top selective schools such as Fort Street and Sydney Boys and also many local schools too.
Over my years of teaching, I’ve learnt that at any point, students may be unable to grasp important concepts in school which can lead them to fall behind, as they lack the basic foundation to build knowledge on. However, through effective mentoring and tutoring, I believe every student has the potential to improve, as we get them back on the right track while also aiming to accelerate their knowledge.
In my classes, I pride myself on creating a fun, open learning environment in which students enjoy learning the material and thus ignite their motivation to learn more. My teaching styles involves emphasizing to students, that “‘I’m not like your school teacher but I’m a tutor who believes that every student has the grand potential to excel when given the key ingredients”
In essence, what I do is adapt the complex language of mathematics into a relatable and easy to understand concept. Part of my services include:
- Free initial consultation where I will analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the student as well as tailor a course plan adapting to the student’s learning style and personality
- Provide them with a rich selection of notes combined with both materials I have found over the years as well as notes I have written myself
- Working with parents to achieve student's ambitions and goals by providing up to date notes on the student’s progress upon request
- An after class, easy to access communication between tutor and students via number and email.
Online Classes * Please read*
- Normally In person classes are minimum 2 hours but with Online classes I wish to maximise the learning so I've split this into two 1 hr classes per week. This leave in classes for asking questions and learning new material while the gap in between classes for putting that knowledge into practice.
- Homework is expected to be sent in by the previous day for me to mark and clarify any mistakes.
- Class can be recorded for future viewing if requested.
+7 Years of tutoring experiences
- General Mathematics
- Advanced Mathematics
- Extension 1 Mathematics
- Extension 2 Mathematics
- Year 7 - 10 Mathematics
Working with Children Check (WWC)
B Science (mathematics)/ B Education (Secondary)- Current
$40/hr for private group (2 students minimum) for first lesson. Pay per 10 weeks/lessons after.
From $80/hr for 1 on 1 private lesson for first lesson.
Special Offer - Refund for the 1st hour if not satisfied 1st class
Joined Tutor Finder on 05-Sep-2018 (updated profile on 19-Oct-2021)