Experienced Maths & Physic Specialised Tutor!
Gold Coast tutor in Algebra, Calculus, Further Maths, Geometry, Maths, Maths Methods, Physics
(7 student reviews)
Does this sound like your child?
- Has potential but just a bit lazy?
- Fallen behind at school so their current class makes no sense?
- Feels like the teachers no longer care for them anymore?
- Constantly procrastinating and has lack of motivation to complete assignments?
Read my reviews on:
Hello, my name is Tony Nguyen and I initially studied mathematics at University of New South Wales but have just recently transferred to Queensland to further my education. I have been teaching for over 6 years and have extensive experience in teaching various students with diverse academic backgrounds. I have taught kids from prestigious schools such as The Kings School and Meriden as well as top selective schools such as Fort Street and Sydney Boys and also many local schools too.
Over my years of teaching, I’ve learnt that at any point, students may be unable to grasp important concepts in school which can lead them to fall behind, as they lack the basic foundation to build knowledge on. However, through effective mentoring and tutoring, I believe every student has the potential to improve, as we get them back on the right track while also aiming to accelerate their knowledge.
In my classes, I pride myself on creating a fun, open learning environment in which students enjoy learning the material and thus ignite their motivation to learn more. My teaching styles involves emphasizing to students, that “‘I’m not like your school teacher but I’m a tutor who believes that every student has the grand potential to excel when given the key ingredients”
In essence, what I do is adapt the complex language of mathematics into a relatable and easy to understand concept. Part of my services include:
- Free initial consultation where I will analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the student as well as tailor a course plan adapting to the student’s learning style and personality
- Provide them with a rich selection of notes combined with both materials I have found over the years as well as notes I have written myself
- Working with parents to achieve student's ambitions and goals by providing up to date notes on the student’s progress upon request
- An after class, easy to access communication between tutor and students via number and email.
- Fay: "Tony started tutoring me half way through year 12 and was able to bump my grades up from 50% to 80-90%. He will continue to explain things until you understand the information and is very patient and considerate. He makes class interesting and exciting. He is very flexible, always able to switch up days and times. I highly recommend Tony as a tutor. "
-Selfia: "I am extremely grateful to have had Mr Nguyen not only as a maths tutor, but as a mentor for my studies in my HSC year. Without his help, I would have marks that I wouldn’t be proud of. Mr Tony Nguyen was very encouraging whenever I needed assistance and I always relied on him whenever I had questions that I could not understand. Prior to his classes, I was unable to comprehend concepts at school and I lost motivation and care for my studies, however, with his help and dedication I have improved immensely in my ability to learn and academic results. Entering his class during my preliminary year, I had been failing the Mathematics course, and my now vastly improved marks are a reflection of his great teaching capabilities. Thank you Mr Nguyen for being a large positive contributor to my HSC, helping me reach my full potential and teaching me love learning again! "
- Isabella: "I contacted Tony at the beginning of year 12 after various math tutors attempted to tutor me but lacked the dedication to truly formulate, strengthen and the consistency in exercising those skills. Tony understood that my 'inability' and 'lack of motivation' in maths wasn't caused by the teenage tendency to be lethargic and uninterested, it was because prior, nobody valued the potential in me to start from scratch and truly work through each topic so that I understood every aspect and felt completely confident in entering the HSC. Tony took my 48% in maths to a 96 in the HSC, I can't thank Tony enough for completely transforming my outlook on maths enabling me to accomplish all of my HSC dreams. I have been to so many maths tutors for so many different prices and switched teachers so many times (mind you I basically didn't have a maths teacher at school), but Tony out of my TEN math tutors was the only one who was able to help me."
+7 Years of tutoring experiences
- Essential/General(NSW) Mathematics
- General(QLD)/Advanced Mathematics
- Methods/Extension 1 Mathematics
- Specialist/ Extension 2 Mathematics
- Year 7 - 10 Mathematics
Experience with teaching Atar preparation.
Working with Children Check (WWC)
B Science (mathematics)/ B Education (Secondary)- Current
Online Class - $90/hr
Face to Face
At my teaching studio located in the Meriton 88 The Esplanade
one on one - $90/hr
Group lessons - $80/per student for 1.5 hr lesson (minimum 2 students)
Private at your home
one on one - $120/hr (minimum 2 hour lessons)
Special Offer - Free Initial consultation
Joined Tutor Finder on 12-May-2020 (updated profile on 03-Feb-2024)