Sydney tutor in Japanese, Maths, HSC Japanese (Beginner & Continuer)
Japanese Language Proficiency Test Preparation (Level N5-N1)
Service areasLessons are available at a house near Galston or via Online
Welcome to Hills tutoring. Over ten years of teaching experience, and taught over 80 students.
Specialised in Japanese & Maths tutoring.
According to PISA international ranking, Japanese Maths education results have been above world top 10 in the past two decades, and always above Australian standard. Japanese Maths ranking achieved # 1 in the world in 2000 according to OECD/PISA Study: Mathematical Literacy
Please note that this tutor received Maths education in Japan and now proceeded secondary education degree major in Maths & Japanese at an Australian university.
Quality Japanese lessons are available with a passionate and experienced native Japanese tutor via Skype or at a studio in the Hills district (near Galston 2159).
"HSC preparation lessons & General Intensive lessons are available."
Just a click away to see an experienced native Japanese tutor from your home.
For the preparation of HSC, Japanese Language Proficiency Test, school study, business and travel etc.
All ages and levels.
Experienced in primary & high school ages, adults and retired people.
- Certificate of Language Teaching (Sydney University): High Distinction
- Teaching at a Japanese Saturday language school (Primary: Year 5 & 6)
- Teaching at private high schools (Year 11-12) and coaching college (Year 6-9 & adults)
- Volunteered at Tanken Center (NSW) for HSC speaking preparation
- Proceeding Graduate entry (Secondary Education) degree in Maths & Japanese
- Taught high school Japanese teachers in NSW
Students and school teachers expressed their positive experiences with this tutor.
In 2018 there are three students who have been to Japan after having individual lessons with this tutor for 3 to 6months. After their return from a trip, each those individual student decided to continue lessons because they like to go back to Japan again.
1. Students' results:
- Year 8 student's mother wrote that "She enjoys her lessons with you very much. Thanks.". (2018)
- Recently assisted two individual adults intensive 3 months lessons for travel in Japan.
- A mother wrote that "Thank you for your efforts with ... we are really appreciated. ... is very happy with your lessons and he is feeling more confident." (2018)
- Over the past two years, I have enjoyed the lesson and I have learnt a lot. It has been a pleasure to learn from you and have enjoyed the casual environment of the lessons. (2018)
- Recently assisted a very beginner high school student to cover and catch up two years amount of high school (Year 7-8) textbook contents within four months. (2018)
- Year 8 student who had struggled school study achieved 78% on the end of year result. (2017)
- Year 12 HSC Continuer level student gained speaking score from 65% to 80% via skype lesson. (2017)
- Year 11 student (Continuer level) achieved an excellent result on his Listening and Speaking exam at his school. ( 2017)
His teacher said that she was amazed by the wonderful result and progress of the student's Japanese.
2. A high school teacher wrote:
"Dear Yas, I would like to personally thank you for your time to come to school and help our students this year.
Speaking is such a difficult and scary prospect for our students, however, they felt comfortable with you and learnt a lot. You have done an exceptional job. The one on one practice time for these students makes the world of difference. They are lucky to have you." (2017)
3. A referral from a top ranking selective high school student's parents:
"6 years ago, we found Yas on the internet, like what we did before, we just wanted to have a try. Surprisingly enough, this "try" lasted many years. My son was a little boy but he is a young man now. Yas is a responsible and passionate teacher/tutor/friend, he tailored a program to suit my son's needs. He not only teaches my son systematically but also small things in daily life via the efficient one to one, face to face at the choice of in person or on internet method.
Yas searched interesting materials, websites, and Japanese community activities for my son to explore and to learn more Japanese culture and tradition. This is very helpful for my son to keep interest and study in Japanese.
Yas is flexible, relaxed, detailed, patient and friendly. He is also strict but encourages, and positive. He frequently gives us feedback on my son's progress and areas need to be improved. We really appreciated. Thanks a lot!" (2017)
Instructor obtains Working With Children Check number for paid work.
Teaching over 10 years (private lessons, coaching college, private high schools and community language school)
- Experienced in Japanese lessons for school students including HSC as well as adult (conversational, travel, business and JLPT)
- Experienced in teaching Japanese conversation lessons at private high schools
- Experienced in HSC Japanese language speaking test preparation (Beginner & Continuer)
- Teaching at Japanese community language school (primary)
* A native Japanese speaker from Tokyo area, currently progressing Education degree in Japanese and Maths units.
- Experienced in teaching Y7-12 at coaching school and private tutoring.
- Currently studying University level Maths and 3 units Distinctions (2 units were very close to HD).
- This tutor learnt maths in Japan and Japanese maths education level has been always above Australia.
- The Japanese maths international ranking was the top around the year 2000 and has been always above top 10.
1. Certificate of Language Teaching (Sydney University) - High Distinction
2. Graduate entry BEd (Secondary school teaching in Japanese & Maths) - In progress
3. BA in Psychology (Education: Learning, Development & Motivation) completed
4. BTh completed
[Regular Private lesson Fee]
$50 for a Weekly regular lesson
[Last minutes Exam preparation lessons Fee]
$60-90 for a lesson
[Group lesson Fee]
Special Offer - A trial lesson is available for $40
Joined TutorFinder on 12-Oct-2015 (updated profile on 15-May-2018)