Japanese & Maths - Experienced positive & effective teaching
Sydney tutor in Japanese, Maths, HSC Japanese (Beginner & Continuer), JLPT (N5-N1)
Service areasLessons are available at a place near Galston or via Online
Over Ten years of Teaching Experience
Preservice teacher (specialised in Maths & Japanese)
This tutor was assessed as being in the top 30 per cent of the adult population for personal literacy and numeracy in Australia.
Recent students / parents / a teacher wrote:
- My teacher recommended you as an excellent tutor. - Her performance at school has definitely improved. - I really would not have been able to get anywhere near that without you, and you honestly helped me enjoy not only Japanese but my student life since I always looked forward to our lessons together.
- A Private High School teacher wrote:
"Dear Yas, I would like to personally thank you for your time to come to school and help our students this year.
Speaking is such a difficult and scary prospect for our students, however, they felt comfortable with you and learnt a lot. You have done an exceptional job. The one on one practice time for these students makes the world of difference. They are lucky to have you."
- A referral from a mother of North Sydney Boys high school student:
"6 years ago, we found Yas on the internet and it lasted many years. Yas is a responsible and passionate teacher/tutor/friend. Yas is flexible, relaxed, detailed, patient and friendly. He is also strict but encourages, and positive. We really appreciated. Thanks a lot!"
"Thanks so much for your teaching and everything, I believe he very much enjoys learning from you (me too)."
"He has tried harder to learn over the last few weeks and I thank you sincerely. It means a lot."
"I really enjoy your Japanese lessons!"
"He was very happy and confident with today's lesson and looking forward to next week's lesson. "
"He always enjoys Japanese lesson with you. "
"Thank you for the class she was very happy."
"I know she is enjoying it."
"He likes Japanese as you must have taught him a lot."
"We enjoyed our lesson with you and look forward to seeing you again on Tuesday. "
"Thanks for your updates, he is so fortunate to learn Japanese from you! "
- Hi sir, so we got our HSC exam results today for Japanese, I'm really happy with that. Thank you so much. (2018 HSC student A)
- The Japanese exam I thought went really well. I would like just to say thank you so much for all your help in preparing me for the exam. You have truly expanded my skills over the last two years, and I would not be where I am with my Japanese today without you! It is certainly a skill I am looking to continue at university. (Year 12 HSC continuer student B)
- Year 8 student's mother wrote that "She enjoys her lessons with you very much. Thanks.". - A mother of Y12 wrote that "Thank you for your efforts with ... we are really appreciated. ... is very happy with your lessons and he is feeling more confident." - A High School student (Y11-12) who learned Japanese for his hobby wrote that "Over the past two years, I have enjoyed the lesson, and I have learnt a lot. It has been a pleasure to learn from you and have enjoyed the casual environment of the lessons.
- Year 8 student who had struggled school study achieved 78% on the end of year result. - Year 12 HSC Continuer level student gained speaking score from 65% to 80% via skype lesson. - Year 11 student (HSC Continuer level) achieved an excellent result on his Listening and Speaking exam at his school. His teacher said that she was amazed by the wonderful result and progress of the student's Japanese.
- Assisted three students to get prepared for trips to Japan by providing individual lessons for 3 to 6months. - Assisted a very beginner Yr9 high school student to cover and catch up two years contents (Year 7-8) within six months. This student achieved a 70% mark on his 2nd Term reading & writing exam.
High school study, business, travel Japanese Language Proficiency Test etc. (All ages and levels)
Experienced with high school students and adults.
High school Mathematics Yr7-12
The tutor had quality mathematical educations in both Japan and Australia.
The Japanese Mathematics international ranking has been in the top 10 over 20 years.
- Yr 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (2Unit) & 12 (General, 2Unit) Maths students improved their understandings, skills and marks.
Teaching Experience: Over 10 years (Private lessons, Coaching College, High Schools and Community Language School)
- Private Tutoring
- At private High Schools and Coaching College
- At a Community Language School
- Internship at an Online-Tutoring Company
- Practicum teaching at a High School
- Certificate of Language Teaching (Sydney University): High Distinction
- BA in Psychology (Education: Learning, Development & Motivation) & BTh
- Proceeding Secondary Education teaching (Major in Maths & Japanese)
[Regular Private lesson Fee]
$50/hour for a weekly regular lesson during weekdays
[Last minutes Exam preparation lessons Fee]
$60-90 for a lesson
[Group lesson Fee]
Special Offer - A trial lesson is available for $40
Working With Children Check
Yes, I'm cleared to work with children in New South Wales until 30-Oct-2020 (details available on request)
Joined Tutor Finder on 12-Oct-2015 (updated profile on 07-Feb-2019)